Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Warning lights on left gauge, What are they?
7TPorsh
post Jul 24 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #21

7T Porsh

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jul 23 2009, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jul 22 2009, 03:40 PM) *

Yes the ignition off 'staying on' part is normal ....... but the LH signal lights do not light or flash at all with the ignition on during normal driving ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Can anyone shed light on this problem on my 'quoted' post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)?

This sounds like a switch problem; crossed wires maybe. Are there signal light indicators in the gauge?

does anyone have a layout of the backside of the 3 gauges that shows where the wires run to? handbrake, dist., etc.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mburkhart
post Jul 28 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,364
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My alternator light has been going on and off while I'm driving. When it goes on, my tachometer appears to lose power and goes to zero RPM. Seems random when the red light goes on and off while I'm driving. Hitting the brakes while the alternator light is off usually makes it go on.

Does this sound like a short or something bigger? The car seems to run just fine either way.
+Quote Post
jt914-6
post Jul 28 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #23

Driving & working on teeners 41 years

Member No.: 9,003
Region Association: South East States

The reason the park lights stay on the side that the directional lever is depressed with no key in or ign. on is what has been said. It's a european "parking thang". Streets there are narrow, so you leave the lights on the side of the traffic so your car can be seen better.
Also, guys get those red and green lights working. Check bulbs replace ALL of them with new ones. New bulbs are brighter than 30+year old ones with dust on them and they dim with age. Check oil pressure switch if bulb is ok.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jul 29 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #24

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mburkhart @ Jul 28 2009, 08:42 PM) *

My alternator light has been going on and off while I'm driving. When it goes on, my tachometer appears to lose power and goes to zero RPM. Seems random when the red light goes on and off while I'm driving. Hitting the brakes while the alternator light is off usually makes it go on.

Check your fuses. #8 or #9 being popped can cause similar symptoms to these. Remember that our fuses can look OK until you remove them from the holder, when they fall apart. Clean up the holders and the fuse ends as well, while you're in there.

--DD
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Dec 31 2017, 07:35 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 10,019
Region Association: None

c
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jul 24 2009, 07:49 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jul 23 2009, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jul 22 2009, 03:40 PM) *

Yes the ignition off 'staying on' part is normal ....... but the LH signal lights do not light or flash at all with the ignition on during normal driving ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Can anyone shed light on this problem on my 'quoted' post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)?

This sounds like a switch problem; crossed wires maybe. Are there signal light indicators in the gauge?

does anyone have a layout of the backside of the 3 gauges that shows where the wires run to? handbrake, dist., etc.
thank you all who responded on my signal issues. After all these years and partial reassembly from full paint. It turned out my turn signal stalk/switch was bad. i have restored and repaired most of the electrical harness and connections. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 08:30 PM