Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wow it runs! (for a few minutes)
Pakis
post Apr 22 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,768

Hey wondered if anyone had any experience with this before I start checking spark and fuel pressure. I just completed replacing all the fuel lines, vacuum lines on my 1975 1.8. Put gas in started it up and it ran at a high throttle for 5 or 6 minutes. I guessed that it was warmed up so I set the idle air screw on the throttle to around 1000. It was running about 2000 before I adjusted. It ran good for a few more minutes no bucking or hesitation. I was really happy and then it happened. Without any kind of warning it just turned off. I started it back up and set the idle screw to around 1200 rpm and it ran for a minute and then shut off again. Now it won't start at all. Anyone have a clue or am I just missing the obvious.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tod914
post Apr 22 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

check to make sure you didnt reverse your feed and return lines when you replaced the hoses
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2024 - 12:50 PM