Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My SDS EFI install, What, me working on my own stuff? no way
Mark Henry
post Oct 2 2003, 08:25 PM
Post #21

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

How they plug in.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Oct 2 2003, 08:30 PM
Post #22

that's what I do!

sorry I forgot the pic: the SDS ECU and coil.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Oct 2 2003, 08:35 PM
Post #23

that's what I do!

The main harness, bit low tech but it is well made. Geoff could do a much better job for a "914 only" harness for sure.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Oct 7 2003, 03:04 PM
Post #24

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Mark, that harness doesnt look so bad, it looks like the essentials are there. If you were to simply add an exterior casing to it (heat shrink tubing is best), it would protect the wires from heat and contaminants and make it last much longer. Rubber boots at each component would finish it up and it would be complete.

Will you be posting your programming anytime soon?

Dyno results?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Oct 28 2003, 11:49 AM
Post #25

that's what I do!

Hi all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

I doubt if I will get it done this year, way too many issues. The end of the season is almost here and everyday that I may have had time to do a bit of driving it has been pissing rain. Also at the moment I'm just too busy to work on my own crap.

With the FI I still has a low RPM miss, I'm sure it's a connection/ground problem but it could also be my plug wires. I'm going to order a set of Magnacors once I'm happy with the install.

Also my MAP is bouncing around quite a bit, because of my Scat C-25 cam, so they say to install a .025-.035 MIG welder tip in the MAP hose. I may have relocate where the hose goes into the plenum.

Speaking of being happy with the install, I'm not. I was going to surprise Jeff with it all installed in the stock can. It does fit (pic soon) but the wiring harness is a PITA for engine R&R, You have to open the box every time you R&R. I think I'm going to relocate it back to my 1st choice behind the passenger seat. Also I want to move my coil pack over a bit.

My engine has a squeak on the 3/4 head. I think I shimmed the rocker spacers too tight. Also I want to install my 1.7 rockers, larger studs, pushrods, etc.

I have one almost bald tire with a shifted belt. I don't want to buy tires yet because I may change my tire/rim combo.

My teen was a standard 1.8, no sway bars, I thought it handled OK with the ol' 75hp. With my new engine I'm now pushing 110-115hp (guess, but I know it’s more than a stock 2.0) and now it’s as loose as shit. Plus my brakes need a good going through.

I’m using SSI exchangers and an Ansa exhaust (it was free), it works OK but I hate the rice look. I’d like a Triad or a Superflow set-up, we’ll see.

I need to re-do my breather set-up, I don’t like it.

Other than the low RPM miss issue it runs pretty good.

Some interesting notes from my programmer gauge function, at high RPM and WOT the duty cycle on my 2.0 injectors is rarely over 35%, cruse is 20% or less, I may try smaller scooby injectors next year. My intake air on my stock 2.0 D-jet intake is over 110 degrees F, the outside temp was never over 65F, and I might just relocate my intake. My engine temps never went over 180 degrees F. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I was trying to get everything done before the end of the season to get some seat time, but it’s not going to happen. I think I’ll pack it in, do some DWD shit over the winter and have it good to go for next spring.

Mark
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dance.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Oct 28 2003, 11:53 AM
Post #26

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 1 2003, 04:17 PM)
SDS is warns that the ECU is not waterproof and they would rather you mounted it inside the cab.

They know this is a 914?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

M
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 02:16 PM