Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How many of you are cyclists?, I sometimes see cylcing references.
Scott Carlberg
post Jun 26 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #121

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

Group: Members
Member No.: 580

My current Specialized CrossRoads hybrid bike
(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/werksracer/Bicycles/SpecializedBike2.jpg)

and what I'd like to eventually get
(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/werksracer/Bicycles/Bike-ScottCR1PlasmaPro2007Carbon.jpg)

or this one
(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/werksracer/Bicycles/Bike-SCOTTCR1PLASMALTD06Triathlon.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rjames
post Jun 26 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #122

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Zipp wheels score big points for their trick factor, but their customer service is crap. Plus they often are priced higher than any bike you'd put them on.

Those are gret looking time trial bikes though...
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Jun 26 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #123

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

Member No.: 580

QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 26 2007, 12:17 PM) *

Zipp wheels score big points for their trick factor, but their customer service is crap. Plus they often are priced higher than any bike you'd put them on.

Those are gret looking time trial bikes though...

+ the bike has MY name on it!!! (IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/werksracer/MySpace%20Stuff/HilariousSmiley-1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jun 26 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(RonD @ Jul 23 2006, 12:07 AM) *

Dawes 10 speed 1972 from highschool still got it.

Ron D.

Wow! There was a guy at Stony Brook University, New York with a Dawes back in 73, 74. Had a limp with a cane. Pretty blue, AFAIK.

Couldn't be you, could it?

Paul
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 26 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #125

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Jun 26 2007, 01:34 PM) *

The first Scott is what my bike looked like. It was a very nice bike for the 200 or so miles I put on it. You should see what happens to a carbon fiber frame when a car runs over it though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
northern chris
post Jun 26 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #126

Member No.: 4,584

Lets see how many ride a Sekine (vintage mid-70's to match the teener). Likely only the Canadians can relate to the model.

I put +1000 miles per year on my Sekine SHT

http://cansekine.tripod.com/
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jun 26 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #127

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

Giant x 2

Dan

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dr. Roger
post Jun 26 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #128

A bat out of hell.

Member No.: 3,533
Region Association: Northern California

31cc's of raging fury.

index finger throttle.

coincidentally, a BMX bicycle foot peg thread is the same thread as a ryobi weed whacker crank output shaft. who would have thought?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
degreeoff
post Jun 26 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #129

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Member No.: 275
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Heres my cycle.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
STL914
post Jun 26 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #130

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I started riding again last year after dragging my old 10 speed Huffy mountain bike out of the garage. That heavy steel frame got old mighy fast so after selling a set of Chromies, I bought this last fall; a Trek 3700.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Jun 26 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #131

Member No.: 391

I used to race quite a bit but that was 20 years and 45 pounds ago! Still have most of the hardware, a Vitus glued aluminum frame with Campy Super Record bits I bought in France and Italy before the frames were allowed to be imported. Still have the Benotto track bike I won my first race with, beating Bob Zumwalt at the San Diego Velodrome one Sat night in July of 1983. My daughter still has her matching pair (road and track) bikes built by Bill Holland (yes that Holland) with a really nice Shimano Dura Ace indexed shifter system that was used by the old 7-11 cycling team. That was before he thought of the first name for his frames, which I think was originally Sceptre? But I got tired of the 400 to 450 mile training weeks to stay competitive against the other vetran riders and burned out! Racing the 914 is much easier now!
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Jun 27 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #132

Here are a couple of picts of me, around 1983 or so. The trophy pict is in Ensenada MX and shows junior, senior and veteran class winners. The other is at the start of a race in Balboa Park, San Diego CA.

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Jun 27 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #133

Here's a couple more oldies. Can anyone guess who is in the picts? Both riders arte/were very famous. One was a multiple Iron Man winner and the fastest cyclist alive one time and the other was on the 1984 US olympic team, shown at the road race at the Los Angeles olympics.

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
MrZir
post Jun 28 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #134

Member No.: 7,731
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Jul 20 2006, 05:11 PM) *

I've got a mid to late 60's Schwinn Varsity with new Specialized seat, tires, etc. It weighs a ton but gives me a way better workout than a carbon fiber frame. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
Konrad

I have a mid to late 60's Schwinn Varsity to! It was my father's back in college. Mine is all stock and weighs 35-40 lbs before I put a kid in the child seat on the back.
+Quote Post
SGB
post Jun 28 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #135

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

I remember when the Paramount was THE bicycle- not that I had one... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 28 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #136

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(john rogers @ Jun 27 2007, 08:35 PM) *

Here's a couple more oldies. Can anyone guess who is in the picts? Both riders arte/were very famous. One was a multiple Iron Man winner and the fastest cyclist alive one time and the other was on the 1984 US olympic team, shown at the road race at the Los Angeles olympics.

John Howard in the first one. Alexi Grewal with Greg Lemond on his wheel.

This post has been edited by grantsfo: Jun 28 2007, 06:37 PM
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Jun 28 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #137

Whoa, that's pretty good but the second rider isn,'t Lemond as they would not let him on the US cycling team in 84 for the olympics. If I rememeber correctly he had already turned pro in France and the ban on pros at the olympics had not been lifted. I hear Alexi is doing some racing in Colorado with other old guys..... The pict of John Howard was taken at the UCSD race which was on campus, about 2 mile course and had a terrible up hill finish. I came in 8th or 9th that year.
+Quote Post
jaminM3
post Jun 28 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #138

Member No.: 7,619
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I ride a Santa Cruz Heckler with XT on trails and a BMC Road Racer with Dura-Ace on the roads. I would love to ride the BMC more, but a couple cyclist die every year from distracted drivers. I just ride centuries and canyons on the road bike.

I will ride trails ranging from 6 miles to 25 miles on my Heckler depending on time available.

All the cyclists going to Red Rocks should bring their bikes. Moab has some of the best Mountain biking in the country. Plenty of places rent bikes too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 28 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #139

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(john rogers @ Jun 28 2007, 07:12 PM) *

Whoa, that's pretty good but the second rider isn,'t Lemond as they would not let him on the US cycling team in 84 for the olympics. If I rememeber correctly he had already turned pro in France and the ban on pros at the olympics had not been lifted. I hear Alexi is doing some racing in Colorado with other old guys..... The pict of John Howard was taken at the UCSD race which was on campus, about 2 mile course and had a terrible up hill finish. I came in 8th or 9th that year.

Yeah I wasnt sure about the that second guy being Lemond - have to admit he looks similar. I have ridden with most of those guys when I was a Junior and Senior 1. Mostly Criteriums. I would just wave bye bye in road races and hang out with my track homies and turn them into social events. Remember Dave Grylls - Olympic Pursuit rider? He and I would joke about climbing like turtles and descending like stones. He and I road together for 75 miles in a road race stage in Santa Cruz around UCSC. Climbers broke apart the pack and we would catch the people falling off the back on downhill sections - it was hilarious as we were literally dropping people on downhill. He said he had never ridden with somone who could desend as fast as him - I took it as one of the best compliments in my cycling career as I was a 1st year Senior at the time.

Did you ever get up to Central or Nor Cal? I rode Hollywood Criterium once and competed in Track Nationals in San Diego in the early 80's. My sister also was two time Junior National Road Champion think she won Nats in San Diego if I remember right
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Jun 29 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #140

Wow that is some old stuff. We had the LaJolla Cycling Club (now defunct) and had Mark Gorski as a member as well as some other pros that raced in europe mostly. I was NEVER a climber, but I sure could suck up to a wheel and then spring on the last lap!!!! The LA clubs back then were the LS Wheelmen, Cyclo Vets and some others I can't remember any longer. Our daughter Lisa won a bunch of titles too but now pulls the grand kids around in a buggy!
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 07:48 PM