Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WOT: Landis Didn't Dope, Accurate Testing Procedures In Doubt?
turboman808
post Aug 3 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

Here are a few things to consider

1. They are gonna get caught and if they are gonna do some sort of doping they certainly aren't gonna use something that can easily be traced.

2. No one as of yet has come up with a excuse as to why steroids taken one time on one day are gonna help in any way.

3. Test the day before and the day after were within the desired specifications.

4. Up until this year 4 to 1 was within UCI the range accepted by WADA and the UCI

5. The test is 24 years old and has not changed.

6. Members of WADA themselves have doubts to the validity of the test. Even they think something went wrong in the testing and even another positive doesn't prove anything.

7. None of this information was made official and has all been "leaked" to the press. Bit shady and slimy if you ask me.

8. No banned substance has been found in the testing. He was found to have a high testosterone level thats it.

So in all honesty I think he is clean. I think this whole "guilty until proven inocent" way of doing things in Europe is BS. All the riders who were kicked out of the Tour before the start are slowly being taken off the list of possible witnesses. Still doesn't give Basso, Ulrich or Vino there tours back.

Just another fucking witch hunt to sell papers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Aug 3 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #22

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

Guilty or Not, I have lost even more respect for Lemond (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Aug 3 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #23

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

Bicycle racing is big business, especially in Europe. Any athletic equipment sales

can be affected by sports heros. If you sold bicycles in Europe would you want

another American to win the biggest bicycle race of the year, AGAIN. Just food

for thought.
+Quote Post
toon1
post Aug 3 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 5,022

first off Armstrong is clean! He was the most tested athlete in the world, BAR NONE. He passed every test ever given, and has won all lawsuits. Lemond should keep his mouth shut, he is irrelevent, he is not involved and his reign on the TDF was 20 years ago.

Testosterone is what is in question, what can it do for a rider? Recovery! It makes the muscles heal faster. For a cyclist you can come back to a stage on fresh legs.

In Lanis' case his back was against the wall and he had nothing to lose, so he went for it. It is quite possible for a rider of his caliber to have a bad day and come back like he did.

Winning the TDF is huge, the fame, recognition, money and that alone would spur someone to do something illegal. Landis would have to be a complete idiot to think that he would not be tested after winning a stage. He should know after riding two years with Lance, the first thing that will happen when he get's off the bike is a needle in the arm.

Personally, I hope he didn't, I want to belive the guy is clean. Unfortunatly Team phonak has a bad history with doping( Tyler H).

We will find out soon enough.
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Aug 3 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #25

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

I have read that the test is actually a urine test. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

John

P.S. They are difficult to study for....
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Aug 3 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 623

I agree with Toon that Lemond is an asshole! He definitely should keep his big mouth shut. What's wrong with holding all commentary until all the fuckin facts are in? If it turns out that Landis cheated...I would give Lemond the green light to comment on it...BUT ONLY AFTER THE FACTS ARE ALL IN! By the way, he looks like he couldn't ride his bike to the mail box and back now.
+Quote Post
toon1
post Aug 3 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 5,022

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Aug 3 2006, 03:36 PM) *

I agree with Toon that Lemond is an asshole! He definitely should keep his big mouth shut. What's wrong with holding all commentary until all the fuckin facts are in? If it turns out that Landis cheated...I would give Lemond the green light to comment on it...BUT ONLY AFTER THE FACTS ARE ALL IN! By the way, he looks like he couldn't ride his bike to the mail box and back now.

what really pisses me off about LeMond is he was making allegations about armstrong when he was winning. I think he was jealous.

If Landis is found guilty I still don't think it gives him the green light to say anything, he should stay out.
He of all people should know what this is like, he probably had the same crap happen to him.
+Quote Post
Bigbohr
post Aug 3 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #28

Superlurker

Member No.: 1,176

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 3 2006, 12:15 PM) *

Bicycle racing is big business, especially in Europe. Any athletic equipment sales

for thought.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Aug 3 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #29

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Bigbohr @ Aug 3 2006, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 3 2006, 12:15 PM) *

for thought.

The race is French. The lab is French. Landis and are accused of drug use/doping. They're Americans. Others in question aren't Americans, but they're not French, either, IIRC. The lab's practices and results have been publicly questioned in the past. Of course, all the other labs in the world aren't as good as the French labs. Just ask the French.

There are certainly questions about whether the lab is truly a disinterested party....

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
Midtowner
post Aug 3 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #30

Ooooo!

Member No.: 3,316

Let's go back to calling them "Freedom Fries". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
vincesix
post Aug 4 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 3,313

Todays sports is a joke. There are people cheating on all sides of this thing. Performance enhancing drugs have been around in sports since the 50's. I figured this out in the early 80's when my friends were juicing in high school just to play varsity football. The public is getting caught up because the sports media (who has known for awhile) has to report stories that sell. Chemist's have been making and selling drugs underground for big bucks. They stay ahead of testing because it pays so good. Atheletes choose to do it to be great and make big bucks. Owners, coach's, Manager's ignore it because their teams win or are contending. when they win they make big bucks. Sponser's play stupid and when their guy or team win with their stuff they make big bucks.

FORGET ALL THE RECORDS THAT WERE ESTABLISHED IN THE EARLY DAYS OF SPORTS.

Here is the bottom line. The stuff works. people have set records with them for a long time. Dont support it if you will be pissed to find out your guy got caught. Its all about the money.... Oh, and when their balls fall off or she dies @ 32 because her heart exploeded it is sad, but they all know what their doing. It all starts with parenting. Teach your kids well..... Vince
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Aug 4 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #32

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

Le Mond has always been a bit of a creep. He was very aloof as a Junior when I raced with him. He was always looking out for himself as a rider. He wasnt much of a team player ever. Lemond was an incredible athlete no denying that. In fact he was almost super human in some races. I think he has always been jealous of Lance. Lance is a much better tour rider than Lemond could ever have been. Lance commanded respect and support from his team that Greg couldnt achieve. So its always been easy for Greg to shoot arrows rather than take high road.

Back to Landis. One has to ask why the intial results were released to the media against rules established for testing and reporting. Its not until b sample has been conclusively tested that they can release this kind of information. It does sound like they found some synthetic hormones in the first test however. Not looking good for Landis.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Aug 4 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #33

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

The synthetic remarks are yet more leaks from the same suspect French lab. They're also leaking that the results were 11:1, yet it was 4:1 earlier.

The samples need to be tested by someone else.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Aug 4 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #34

stoya, stoya, stoya

Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

I think the person who framed OJ and jean benet's family must have done it...
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Aug 4 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #35

OJ was found innocent wasn't he? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Aug 5 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #36

Well...it's not looking good for Floyd. I just read an online news story that his B test came back positive. Unless he has a real good (no bullshit) explaination for this...he'll be stripped of his victory...and they may as well tar & feather him while there at it. This really sucks because I wanted to believe he was a force to be reckoned with (like Lance). His performance on stage 17 was exhilarating to see...but now it is looking like a real shitfest.
+Quote Post
Demick
post Aug 5 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #37

Ernie made me do it!

Member No.: 257

He's now been dismissed from the Phonak team. They want nothing more to do with him.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Aug 5 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Demick @ Aug 5 2006, 08:57 AM) *

He's now been dismissed from the Phonak team. They want nothing more to do with him.

Now it is getting really ugly.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/05/D8JAAGHG1.html

+Quote Post
Midtowner
post Aug 5 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #39

Ooooo!

Member No.: 3,316

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) The French Lab should (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pissoff.gif) I'll say it again: Landis didn't dope.
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Aug 5 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #40

Shriveled member

Member No.: 271

Landis looks like he should be working for Santa at the North Pole toy shop!

(IMG:http://www.foxnews.com/images/215147/1_21_072706_landis.jpg)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 01:06 AM