Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Vacuum Lines all New: Running Rich, replaced all hoses so engine is very tight
Brian Mifsud
post Sep 11 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Mechanical Engineer

Group: Members
Member No.: 384
Region Association: None

I recently replaced all of the vacuum/ fuel/ miscl hoses in my '76 2.0 with new Genuine German hoses including the stuff at the fuel tank. Intake runner to Intake manifold "hoses" were also replaced so ALL the engine's rubber is new and tight. I carefully followed the guide on Pelican so I'm pretty certain everything is plumbed correctly. I adjusted the valves before I resinstalled the engine, and have about 1/2 and hour of running time on it subsequently. After careful adjusting my timing (was at 20 degrees BTDC @ 3500RPM, now is 27) I started down Brad Anders' list.

Idle DOES respond to adjustment on the throttle body, but DOES not respond to ECU IDLE mixture adjustments.

Throttle lags on acceleration.

Car is running "stinky" rich... wisps of black smoke when throttle is goosed.

Cold Start valve has been disabled by disconnecting supply line.

I suppose I could always go back and check my work and readjust the valves to make sure they aren't too tight as I habitually tend to adjust on that side of the "tolerance".

Anyhow, in order of priority, I'm guessing the following is the best bang for buck in trying to pin down the "running rich" issue, tell me if you agree:

1) Readjust valves
2) Check fuel pressure
3) Remove Head Temp sensor and check resistance in ice bath, then room temp, then boiling water.
4) Ring out harness to make sure head temp sensor is being "listened to" by ECU..
5) Suggestions???

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Brian Mifsud   Vacuum Lines all New: Running Rich   Sep 11 2006, 03:29 PM
Rand   The temp sensor on the plenum is plugged in, and t...   Sep 11 2006, 03:54 PM
Brian Mifsud  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 10:55 PM