Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vacuum Lines all New: Running Rich, replaced all hoses so engine is very tight
Brian Mifsud
post Sep 27 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #41

Mechanical Engineer

Group: Members
Member No.: 384
Region Association: None

Finally... I believe I have found my problems...
1) Electrical... red heavy wires are routed to battery post. I had replaced the battery termination post with a new one when the battery was new, but not with an OEM one. I had drilled and tapped the lead and used a 3mm stainless bolt.. bad idea relying on tapped holes in lead.. it simply worked itself loose JUST by Chance..

2) Crazy fuel pressure.... I have the regulator not only plumbed AFTER the injectors, but with the inlet and outlet (regulated side) flipped...

I'll tell you one thing, Bosch sure built a hell of a fuel pump...after 30 years, its still pushing over 60 PSI!!!

....man having kids sure sucks the brains and common sense out of you..( I used to be a troubleshooting genius..) ............. I haven't changed the lines yet cause guess what... mom wants us all to take a break and go for a walk "as a family"...

Can't argue with that.. tune in next week when I show more evidence of senility and drive into a wall....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Sep 27 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #42

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

The pressure regulator does indeed go "downstream" of the injectors, Brian. Not with the lines backwards, of course...

--DD
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 27 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #43

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Its at the end of the high pressure side of the fuel rails. The inlet side is the 90' and the straight out fitting is the low pressure side of the regulator.
+Quote Post
Brian Mifsud
post Sep 27 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #44

Mechanical Engineer

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 27 2006, 05:48 PM) *

The pressure regulator does indeed go "downstream" of the injectors, Brian. Not with the lines backwards, of course...

--DD

Hi Dave,

I used you diagram to replace the hoses with all the right OEM stuff.. but I never looked CLOSELY at it.. and now maybe it will help the diagnostics

Attached Image

Went back and looked again... only problem is regulator is in backwards...

Attached Image

Will try again..
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 27 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #45

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

thats a small problem....fixable too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/alfred.gif)
+Quote Post
Brian Mifsud
post Oct 8 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #46

Mechanical Engineer

Well.. I discovered why I had the pressure regulator plumbed backwards:

Attached Image

I had downloaded this and printed it out at least 7 years ago. Seems it has gone through a small revision (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

I hate it when I immediately accept the assumption that I'm going senile (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) and that it MUST be my screw up!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Well, you know what they say about "free advice" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mr Darling, I believe this is your drawing? I appreciate your efforts none the less (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Oct 8 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #47

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Yup, that's an earlier version that had the FPR "drawn" backwards. It was my first major revision of the diagram, and I goofed. I recall that I fixed it relatively quickly ("relatively" being the operative word), but you seem to have gotten one from when it was backwards.

Oops!

--DD
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Brian Mifsud
post Sep 17 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #48

Mechanical Engineer

New regulator put in last night.... stunning how fast this project is progressing isn't it??

Pressure dropped immediately to a reasonable 30psi and no more "hot no start".. wow. At this rate, I'll be 50 before I'm back on the road again.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Sep 17 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #49

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Dang Brian, you should have waited another couple weeks and rounded it off to an even year! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Hey, progress, is progress. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 04:15 AM