Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GT Headlights Kits, Gauging interest in group Buy
nein14
post Oct 3 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 262

Gauging interest in a Group buy for a GT Mechanical headlight Kit , it would be fabricated from Original GT parts. As soon as I have an idea on how many are interested the vendor can come up wiyh a cost, thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
18 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Replies(220 - 239)
hwgunner
post Apr 25 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #221

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Member No.: 3,095
Region Association: None

QUOTE(nein14 @ Apr 25 2008, 09:55 AM) *

I need address for the following member:

eric914
eris shea
kckoch
echocanyons
Marv3.6six
effutuo101
Martin Baker
BKLA
horizontally-opposed
lotus65
davep
RottenRobby
smdubovsky
ge9146
Plan B
jgullock
autohausdolby
cork
Qarl
Lightweight911
RonS.
warrenporsche
GTPatrick

Is this steves list or your list. I still remember sitting th--in the hospital parking lot talking to Steve and being told that I was on the list and NOT to send $$$ yet. He actually called me.

jonathan
hwgunner
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Apr 25 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #222

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I also called Steve and talked to him, 2 sets right before Martin Baker,
I told him about it.

I also emailed nein14 , about it.

whats up ?
Steve should have my contact info ?

Just found this in this thread , and jonathan too , in the next post.
sixnotfour Feb 2 2007, 12:48 PM Post #97

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Just called , Im number 9, guys better get on it. cut off is 12,
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Apr 26 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #223

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

effutuo101

Christopher Williams
8823 Holly drive #525
Everett WA, 98208
Let me know how much I might need two if you have them.
+Quote Post
nein14
post Apr 27 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #224

QUOTE(nein14 @ Feb 11 2008, 06:01 AM) *

QUOTE(amallagh @ Feb 11 2008, 01:10 AM) *

I'm sure I don't need to point out to any of us who have been following this thread that it started back in October 2006. I first saw it on 1st Dec 2006 and confirmed my interest in a single set at that time. Due to the ambiguity about how to actually get included on the 'list' in the early stages I found a couple of months later that I was not included and no more kits were available . C'est La Vie.
Given the near 18 months of development that have gone into making these kits, and the obvious interest there is from other 914 owners, would it not be sensible for Steve to make a second batch after the first batch is finished ?
Surely this would be a tiny amount of extra effort for double the delight of fellow 914 owners ?

What do you think John ?
Andrew

Hi Andrew
First thanks for the interest, Steve and I have talked about a second run right after the first list of interested parties was collected back in '07. We wanted to wait until the first run of kits were completed fabicating , which as everyone following this thread knows has taken some time!

We are very fourtunate that Steve was willing to disasemble his REAL GT and make the kits after my repeated requests.

The thing that bother me is some members here started to leave threads stating what they were willing to pay for the kits.

I can tell you after Steve had the kits finally completed he is not making any thing on them. So he is considering making a second run, however I'm sure if the price go's up IMHO a lot of member wil start with negative comments about why.

I saw and talk with Steve yesterday at Hershey. I know it has taken 18 months to get this to happen but Steve has a very sucessfull business that comes first.

As I said before this was a favor he was doing for (me) and this 914 site that he really isn't making a money on with the first run because of all his time invested and is still very willing to do it.

To clear up any confusion when I started this thread, I started the list based on the number of kits that were going to be maded by Steve and the list was a first come first serve. So when that number was exhausted he told me would then possibly consider making a second run.

If you look at the thread from the begining you will see everyone who posted a reply to me in decending order is on the list I posted.

Hopefully after all the time and money invested Steve has in this project , he will make another run of the kits.

Thanks for everyone's interested (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
echocanyons
post Apr 27 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #225

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

Cool!

I sen you a PM with my info

Kelly
+Quote Post
post Apr 28 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #226

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

Just got back from Buttom Willow... Steve and I talked about the upcoming kits last week... he already has my address on my check that I sent to him over a year ago or more ago for two sets....my check has my address on them:)

Thanks
+Quote Post
ge9146
post Apr 28 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #227

Member No.: 3,716
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(nein14 @ Apr 25 2008, 08:55 AM) *

eric914
eris shea
kckoch
echocanyons
Marv3.6six
effutuo101
Martin Baker
BKLA
horizontally-opposed
lotus65
davep
RottenRobby
smdubovsky
ge9146
Plan B
jgullock
autohausdolby
cork
Qarl
Lightweight911
RonS.
warrenporsche
GTPatrick

John,

I just sent you a PM with my info. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your work on this. Thank Steve for all his efforts.

Ed
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Apr 28 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #228

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590

QUOTE(nein14 @ Apr 25 2008, 09:55 AM) *

eric914
eris shea
kckoch
echocanyons
Marv3.6six
effutuo101
Martin Baker
BKLA
horizontally-opposed
lotus65
davep
RottenRobby
smdubovsky
ge9146
Plan B
jgullock
autohausdolby
cork
Qarl
Lightweight911
RonS.
warrenporsche
GTPatrick

PM sent with info

Thanks!
+Quote Post
nein14
post May 21 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #229

UPDATE !!

Spoke with Steve this morning, he has installed a kit in a test vehicle to develop the instructions they found after installation that the struts were too strong and they are exchanging them for a weaker one. Also they need to fab one more small bracket and they will be ready to go. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
BKLA
post May 21 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #230

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590

WaaHoo!

Can't wait!
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jul 28 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #231

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110

John,

Any news on this?
+Quote Post
post Jul 28 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #232

Advanced Member

QUOTE(nein14 @ May 21 2008, 12:05 PM) *

UPDATE !!

Spoke with Steve this morning, he has installed a kit in a test vehicle to develop the instructions they found after installation that the struts were too strong and they are exchanging them for a weaker one. Also they need to fab one more small bracket and they will be ready to go. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Spoke to Steve last week.. he encounter another set back of sorts..The struts that he has on hand is way too too strong for this applic. As some of you know, over the years, the rear wings got a little heavy ie Turbo. Thus all current struts have been superceed to the TURBO type... now for the 'hunt' for low pressure one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) This hunt for the low pressure item has been going on for about a month now. FYI
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Jul 28 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #233

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

Keep us posted, I still want two sets.
+Quote Post
nein14
post Jul 29 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #234

QUOTE(396 @ Jul 28 2008, 08:26 PM) *

UPDATE !!

Spoke to Steve last week.. he encounter another set back of sorts..The struts that he has on hand is way too too strong for this applic. As some of you know, over the years, the rear wings got a little heavy ie Turbo. Thus all current struts have been superceed to the TURBO type... now for the 'hunt' for low pressure one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) This hunt for the low pressure item has been going on for about a month now. FYI

I was able to find a possible strut that might work, it's rated at 15 lbs. which was the lowest rating after I found after a long search. Steve is going to order a pair and test them, hopefully they will be not be too strong.
+Quote Post
post Aug 5 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #235

Advanced Member

QUOTE(nein14 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:00 AM) *

UPDATE !!

I was able to find a possible strut that might work, it's rated at 15 lbs. which was the lowest rating after I found after a long search. Steve is going to order a pair and test them, hopefully they will be not be too strong.

Any further updates?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
nein14
post Aug 6 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #236

QUOTE(396 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:51 PM) *

UPDATE !!

Nothing yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
post Sep 18 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #237

Advanced Member

QUOTE(nein14 @ Aug 6 2008, 06:45 AM) *

UPDATE !!

Ok..... any further updates with these hood shocks?
+Quote Post
nein14
post Sep 19 2008, 07:41 AM
Post #238

QUOTE(396 @ Sep 18 2008, 09:11 PM) *

UPDATE !!

I wish I could tell you yes, I speak to him at least once a week. He has been just to busy with the shop to do any testing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I will see him over the weekend at a vintage race and will bug the shit out of him, it's been too too long, were so close.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Oct 10 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #239

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110

Thanks John... keep us posted.
+Quote Post
post Oct 22 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #240

Advanced Member

QUOTE(nein14 @ Sep 19 2008, 06:41 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Sep 18 2008, 09:11 PM) *

UPDATE !!

I wish I could tell you yes, I speak to him at least once a week. He has been just to busy with the shop to do any testing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I will see him over the weekend at a vintage race and will bug the shit out of him, it's been too too long, were so close.

Any progress? Thanks
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 04:50 PM