Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ---, ---
nebreitling
post Nov 30 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #41

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

wow -- that's really going above and beyond for club racing arizona!

congrats, i hope the guy comes through.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GTeener
post Nov 30 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #42

914 Girl

Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Nov 30 2006, 10:16 AM) *

Now for the rest of the story...

Club Racing Arizona has asked the M3 driver to pay for my car or he will not be welcome back to any more track events. Evidently he has agreed to pay, but could change his mind once he sees the estimate. I did not ask for this - the club officials did it on their own.

Greg, do you have Sharyl's number and address?

Wow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Glad a bad situation has a silver lining. Apparently the club likes you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
bryanc
post Nov 30 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,495
Region Association: Southwest Region

Wow Andy, I just caught up on this thread. Will you be at the PCA AX on Saturday?
+Quote Post
Wild 6
post Dec 1 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #44

See you at the next autocross.

Member No.: 3,128

QUOTE(bryanc @ Nov 30 2006, 10:36 PM) *

Wow Andy, I just caught up on this thread. Will you be at the PCA AX on Saturday?

I'll be towing the autocross trailer with my truck. The car is staying at home since I won't have my street exhaust until next week and it's too loud to run with the racing headers. It's drivable, just not very pretty.
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Dec 1 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #45

Member: Team NARP

Member No.: 1,844
Region Association: Southwest Region

Yes Andy, I will get you his phone number.

I have been following this thread closely as I do a lot of DE events. Club Race AZ runs a really good event and tells you that if you cause damage to some one else, you pay. This is also true at ProAutoSports, another AZ club race group. I recall similar wording from the local PCA DEs also.

An iteresting item about ProAutoSports, at the required class for all first time drivers in one of their events, Larry Pond who is the owner, stated that he is a driving instructor recognized by the State of AZ and major insurance companies. He further stated that if you are participating in the DE part of their weekends, you should be covered by your insurance and he will go to bat for you if there are problems. He also stated that they have been successful in the past getting insurance to cover costs.

MW914, I'll bet the driver will cover the costs. The owners of Club Race AZ for the most part are very active in BMW club racing also. Marty, one of the CRA leaders, is the President of the BMW Club. CRA generally conducts the BMW Club track events.. If this guy wants to get out on the track in the future, he will have to deal with these same people.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 1 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #46

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Bummer Andy. I remember posting pictures of your car from RRC and people requesting a full size image so they could make it their wallpaper. We all share in your loss. Looks like it will be back in no time. Nice to see people already offering parts. That's what this club is about (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Dec 1 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #47

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I missed this when it was first posted.

I'm glad that it looks like you're getting compensated for your loss... hopefully, it will work out fairly for everyone and the other driver learned a valuable lesson. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-Lawrence
+Quote Post
Wild 6
post Dec 1 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #48

See you at the next autocross.

Member No.: 3,128

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 1 2006, 09:57 AM) *

Bummer Andy. I remember posting pictures of your car from RRC and people requesting a full size image so they could make it their wallpaper. We all share in your loss. Looks like it will be back in no time. Nice to see people already offering parts. That's what this club is about (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Thanks Eric. This club really rocks. Lots of great people, information and support when life sends you a new challenge.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 11:56 PM