Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm so confused, Who's site is this?
Allan
post Dec 26 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #161

Teenerless Weenie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

IIRC, and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) please forgive me if I'm wrong but, wasn't there quite a few posts during this whole mess that indicated the content would be restored in it's entirety.

I think people have done nothing more than honor their word.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Dec 26 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #162

Member No.: 1,414
Region Association: None

What's the track fee?
+Quote Post
seanery
post Dec 26 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #163

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

QUOTE(Meredith @ Dec 26 2006, 07:28 PM) *

What's the track fee?

free for you Mer! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Dec 26 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #164

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Thanks for the hard work guys...

oh and do we have a cuckoo smilley?
I believe grant has lost it.

+Quote Post
wheelo
post Dec 26 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #165

Dude

Member No.: 1,818

Thanks Guys !

For keeping the Spirit Alive .......

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

- M
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Dec 26 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #166

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(brant @ Dec 26 2006, 06:27 PM) *

...it took you until this site and this post to figure that out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I'm pretty sure I had "lost it " when I started writing $2500 checks every couple months to turn my 914 into a race car earlier this year. I'm sure you're not too far off from needing that same cuckoo smiley. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Dec 26 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #167

Professional Lawn Dart

Member No.: 219

grant likes to use the "Chewbacca defense"

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/08/0330chewbacca.jpg/200px-0330chewbacca.jpg)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3DIVO%26sa%3DN
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Dec 26 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #168

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 26 2006, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Dec 26 2006, 06:47 PM) *

...it took you until this site and this post to figure that out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I'm pretty sure I had "lost it " when I started writing $2500 checks every couple months to turn my 914 into a race car earlier this year. I'm sure you're not too far off from needing that same cuckoo smiley. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

that was sooo like the "chewbacca" argument on southpark... LOL

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/08/0330chewbacca.jpg/200px-0330chewbacca.jpg)

Wasnt aware there was an arguement. However it was nice of an "esteemed" 914world admin to weigh in with some witty insight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
orange914
post Dec 26 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #169

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 23 2006, 06:11 PM) *

There are 4 914 sites we can flounder around too, Pelican,NARP,914club and 914world.

i just was made aware of roadglue.com too.
i'm confused (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
ifound this site today and found i was registered (carry over from old? 914club??) why is there still 914club online without the past content and now 914 world contains it? are ALL previous 6000+ members aware of this site, i know i wasn't

honestly this site did immediately feel like home -old faces-old history/articles...even my old p.m.'s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) i just want the dust to settle and become a teener commmunity again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Dec 26 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #170

Professional Lawn Dart

Member No.: 219

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Dec 26 2006, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 26 2006, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Dec 26 2006, 06:47 PM) *

that was sooo like the "chewbacca" argument on southpark... LOL

Wasnt aware there was an arguement. However it was nice of an "esteemed" 914world admin to weigh in with some witty insight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

i edited it before your post to clarify the funny....

if you see the episode, you will get a kick out of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Dec 27 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #171

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(orange914 @ Dec 26 2006, 06:58 PM) *

There are 4 914 sites we can flounder around too, Pelican,NARP,914club and 914world.

i'm confused (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
ifound this site today and found i was registered (carry over from old? 914club??) why is there still 914club online without the past content and now 914 world contains it? are ALL previous 6000+ members aware of this site, i know i wasn't

honestly this site did immediately feel like home -old faces-old history/articles...even my old p.m.'s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) i just want the dust to settle and become a teener commmunity again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Well then this is where you want to be! Welcome Back!
+Quote Post
gopack
post Dec 27 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #172

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Member No.: 2,472

As far as deleteing threads, there are a lot of good reasons pro and con. Why can't you do something like this:
Allow any user to delete a thread HE (or she) started, only withing 5 days of the thread origination. That would allow renegade threads that had veered off topic to get blasted, but not allow anyone to maliciously delete all threads started just to gain closure or revenge?

Alternatively, you could allow one thread to be deleted each week by anyone that started a thread. not a global delete all to get back at the group! or even a 10 thread lifetime maximum benefit liek health insurance. or 5 timea a calencar year there are many variations, and the admins can always override the limits upon request!

none of these may be fesable, but i have found that a good programmer can usually give me what ever it is I can dream up IF it is worth having!

PEACE on EARTH BABY!
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Dec 27 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #173

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

You didn't get the memo?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 27 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #174

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

having been pushed in to the position of deleting a thread or 2 or 3, i feel it should be left to discretion of the thread starter. i seriously doubt a thread with significant technical application would be yanked. we don't have the option to delete an unwanted, inappropriate comment or reply to say a classified posting. i went through 2 admins to try to rectify this same situation. one said, no big thing as he saw it. the second suggested i just delete the ad and start over.

k
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Dec 27 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #175

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

i just was made aware of roadglue.com too...

Jeezuz...way too many competing forums. C'mon people. Talk about diluting the content (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Reminds me of gangs but without the deaths (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Well, time will definitely play a part in attrition. The lesser used forums will only stay standing in defiance if for no other real reason (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
orange914
post Dec 27 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #176

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818

QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 27 2006, 07:47 AM) *

You didn't get the memo?

no (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
jfort
post Dec 27 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #177

Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I didn't get the invitation email, but I found my way anyway. It does feel like home here. Glad to see all the content restored and accessible. That, in my opinion, is the most valuable thing. Which leads to a response to some of the prior postings. I don't care that my account/profile was transferred. I can delete it if I want, but I won't. I think that group discussions belong to the group and should not be deleted for any reason. If someone wants a private discussion, well, that is why God invented email. Now, when are all the world.com hats and decals coming out, Sean?
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Dec 27 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #178

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

If anyone DIDN'T get the memo....check your email listed under the MY CONTROLS....

You also might want to enable "admin email" options.....
+Quote Post
seanery
post Dec 27 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #179

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Member No.: 100

QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 27 2006, 12:28 PM) *

If anyone DIDN'T get the memo....check your email listed under the MY CONTROLS....

You also might want to enable "admin email" options.....

or check your spam folder in your email program (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
jfort
post Dec 27 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #180

Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

You are right, Sean (don't you love it when someone tells you that?). The invitation email/memo was in my junk email.
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 12:29 AM