Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Want to Borrow: FI Pressure Gauges, Bosch CIS on Son's Audi needs tuning
Eddie914
post Mar 5 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Does anyone have a set of test gauges that can be used to tune Bosch CIS fuel injection?

My son has a 1986 Audi 4000CS with the 1.8 liter Fuel Injected engine. Lately it has experienced a warm start problem. The engine is very difficult to start when warm. Engine is running fine, shut is off and immediately try to start the engine and the starter will crank and crank but not fire. If the accelerator pedal is held down, the engine fires intermittently.

The gas tank filter and main fuel filter are brand new. The distributor cap, rotor and spark plugs will be replaced tonight.

I'm guessing the Control Pressure Regulator is out of adjustment. The Thermo Time Switch seems faultily also since cold starts are not the best (fine when the temp is below 40 degrees F, but not good between 40 & 70 degrees F)

Thanks

Eddie
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Mar 5 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Cap'n Krusty

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

86 should be CIS-E. If it is, there's no W/U regulator. Check the "motor" fuse in the fender side of the fusebox. It's NOT a "spare", as many people have discovered at great expense! If it's not CIS-E, and if you can furnish a F/P gauge, I can supply the valve/hose component with the correct fittings. TTSs rarely fail, it's usually the wiring. CSVs don't fail, either. F/P check valves are a problem, and occasionally the accumulators. The Cap'n
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
LS6/914
post Mar 5 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #3

Never leaves the shop member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,215
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Eddie, I have the complete CIS-E fuel pressure gauge set up. Also the Bosch manual. You are welcome to use them at my shop in Port Townsend or I can bring them to my place in Port Orchard. Drop me a line. Larry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 05:32 PM