Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why I hate Automobile Atlanta, Just my take on bad customer service and no integrity
ppickerell
post Jun 19 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #21

914 addicted

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,246

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2007, 09:34 AM) *

Ok Dr. 914, I have a couple of purchases coming up. How about a detailed explanation of how this would happen. What kind of turnover do you see on your order desk personel?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Jun 19 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #22

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

i called AA once and did not like the answers I was getting

i have ordered from Pelican many times - have always been satisifed

YMMV

jim
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #23

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

QUOTE(ppickerell @ Jun 19 2007, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2007, 09:34 AM) *

Ok Dr. 914, I have a couple of purchases coming up. How about a detailed explanation of how this would happen. What kind of turnover do you see on your order desk personel?

Why did you quote me? Wrong Dr? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jj83118
post Jun 19 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 4,066
Region Association: None

I got not one, but two phone calls from Charlie at AA this morning. They are honoring my purchase and sending a T-shirt to boot.

George even sent a nice email.

I am sorry for talking up space here with my complaint, but I felt I had run out of options. I think the forum does provide a good service in allowing members to posts problems in dealing with vendors. I think people should continue to posts grievances as long as they are legitimate and not just flame jobs.

George said he is looking into how this happened and I hope Automobile Atlanta does make some changes in their customer service department. I realize they have been into 914s for a long time and they provide a much needed source for hard to get parts. I will probably need to go to them in the future.

Thank you all,

Jim

+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 19 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #25

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Here is some advice to those that dont deal with customer service people every day.

If you are having a problem, or dont like the answers you are getting from a company such as this, there is only one thing to do. Go higher up in the company. Still dont like it? go higher.

There are a couple of things that happen here.
The managers and owners become aware of problems and are more readily able to make solutions to those situations.
Also people find out who causes the problems and be able to blame the apropriate people. Which, yes, can lead to them being fired, but it allows for the right person to be fired.

For example this instance, someone probably took down the purchase order, but left it on their desk never to touch it again (person needs to have a chat). Or someone is using the wrong inventory sheet on the PC to check if the item is in stock (which is a simple fix).

Being the representative for their company, George has to take the blame for all of the problems that arive, yet I can guarantee you that he fixes them the best way he can.

Personally speaking, I have never delt with AA and most likely I never will have to. Pelican parts is a more local supplier to me, Also I have maybe 10 genuine porsche parts left on my car, and they are all new/non wear items...

Good luck to AA, George, find the source and deal with it. IT took my work a whole new staff, but we now have 3 times as much buisness and the reputation that it used to have...
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jun 19 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #26

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

Very decent of you Jim. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) As you can see by my sig line, I too have been burned but have given them a 2nd chance. And a 3rd.....and a 4th.....then came the group flare buy and they started to look good to me again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 19 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #27

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(jj83118 @ Jun 19 2007, 04:48 PM) *

I got not one, but two phone calls from Charlie at AA this morning. They are honoring my purchase and sending a T-shirt to boot.

George even sent a nice email.

I am sorry for talking up space here with my complaint, but I felt I had run out of options. I think the forum does provide a good service in allowing members to posts problems in dealing with vendors. I think people should continue to posts grievances as long as they are legitimate and not just flame jobs.

George said he is looking into how this happened and I hope Automobile Atlanta does make some changes in their customer service department. I realize they have been into 914s for a long time and they provide a much needed source for hard to get parts. I will probably need to go to them in the future.

Thank you all,

Jim

Jim,
Congratulations on your wedding. Congratulations on your 914 and welcome to the World... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
A point we don't want you to miss though is that this is not a "service" of the club... This should be your absolute last resort. I realize that you thought it was your last resort but I knew as soon as you posted that George would make it right and not because you put him in a corner but because that is what George does... Andyrew who by the way is displaying wisdom beyond his years is right on when he says that if you don't like what you hear go higher. George is working in the background trying to get parts replicated that are NLA for a price cheap 914 guys will pay. He does NOT want to hear that he is paying guys to jack around with his customers. If you had called him we would not know about this.
When you have ordered from the spectrum of suppliers you will find that George, Rich Bontempi, Dave at GPR, and even the Bird dudes are first and foremost 914 guys. So next time when you don't like what you hear and especially if it is an injustice ask for George. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jun 19 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #28

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

Did George offer to let you hit him too?
+Quote Post
thomasotten
post Jun 20 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 1,349

I always ask for George when I call. If he is not there, I call back. I just get an uneasy feeling when talking to the other parts guys.
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 20 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

Yea, heres another complaitn. Mid-April, I ordered a 914 catalog from AA. I dont know if they email order confirmations, but I never got one. Anyway, so I wait two weeks. Then send an email. The email isnt answered for another week and a half. So now, we're up to 3 1/2 weeks after my order. I recieve an email saying that they forgot about my order, and thats it. I dont understand, how they can be so relaxed and carefree. So, my catalog comes. Thats it. Never a "sorry", or "sorry for the inconvinience"...just a "oh, we forgot" ....jeez.....thanks a bunch AA! --JON
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jun 20 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #31

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

IMHO, if this is resolved, then the poster should delete the thread.

If I can get a new factory oil tank for $535, I'll take two. That's well below what I paid for the last one I purchased from Porsche. Isn't the dealer list price over $1000 now?
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jun 20 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #32

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318

QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 20 2007, 07:45 PM) *

IMHO, if this is resolved, then the poster should delete the thread.

If I can get a new factory oil tank for $535, I'll take two. That's well below what I paid for the last one I purchased from Porsche. Isn't the dealer list price over $1000 now?

Oh hell yeah! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
PORobinSCHE
post Jun 20 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 6,484

oddly, i had the same problem ordering fiberglass flares(9&11's),back in march. i got a quote directly from George on this site. called and ordered and was charged on my card. i was told 2weeks max to my door. 5 weeks later, no fenders. i called talked to Bruce, they were never ordered. then he calls me later , to tell me it will be more for the shipping and it will take at least another 2 weeks(never made)
lots of frustation i won't buy there.....even asked for a catalog to be added in he shipping box , never got that also

Robin
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 02:28 AM