Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rocket City Ramble, October 16-19, N. Alabama, thank you to all who attended! :)
ClayPerrine
post Oct 3 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #201

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 4 2008, 12:11 AM) *

Hi Clay, I just posted an update with photos in the alien thread. I think I figured out a fix for my cam. If not I'm running my US cams. I ordered thick head gasket from Cometic. I won't see them until Wednesday. I'll finish the engine and install it by the weekend. I should make it one way or another.

Ah.. c'mon....

You have to do what I did with Betty's car the one year.

Finish reassembling the motor at around 5PM, fire it off in the garage, say "Yep.. it runs" and leave for the MUSR the next morning!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Glad to hear it is going to be finished. I really want to see it in person!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grngoat
post Oct 4 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #202

Lurker Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,967
Region Association: Southwest Region

I talked to Richard at the shop a couple weeks ago. I believe he was going to Oklahoma the same weekend or the weekend before maybe. Either way, he's not coming.
+Quote Post
Doug Leggins
post Oct 4 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #203

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261
Region Association: None

I just registered! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I've got a little work to get the car ready -solve a fuel starvation problem, but hopefully not a big issue.

I don't see anyone else from Indiana or Kentucky yet.... It would be good to travel with another 914 or more.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 4 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #204

QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Oct 4 2008, 04:51 PM) *

I just registered! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I've got a little work to get the car ready -solve a fuel starvation problem, but hopefully not a big issue.

I don't see anyone else from Indiana or Kentucky yet.... It would be good to travel with another 914 or more.

C'mon down and meet up with us in Memphis on Thursday Morning!!!

Gonna have a really cool caravan going from there!
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Oct 5 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #205

Member No.: 623

Rick & I need a definitive answer on whether or not the Memphis people are going to leave early or hang for a while for Rick & I to show up and bring this 914 cravan in with style. If we don't get an answer, we'll probably just go to Nashville and on through.

Bill
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 5 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #206

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Oct 5 2008, 12:01 AM) *

Rick & I need a definitive answer on whether or not the Memphis people are going to leave early or hang for a while for Rick & I to show up and bring this 914 cravan in with style. If we don't get an answer, we'll probably just go to Nashville and on through.

Bill

We need a pole. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 5 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #207

We will be waiting in Memphis until 11:00 on Thursday. We can't check into the hotel in Huntsville until 3PM anyway, so we may as well relax and wait for Y'all.

+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 5 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #208

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 5 2008, 04:32 PM) *

We will be waiting in Memphis until 11:00 on Thursday. We can't check into the hotel in Huntsville until 3PM anyway, so we may as well relax and wait for Y'all.

Cool, I pm'ed you my cell #
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Oct 5 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #209

Member No.: 623

I did as well. I like it when a plan just falls together. After Rick finishes whittling a pair of S cams from balsa wood, we'll be on our way south. Hey Rick, I suppose you'll need at least 150-200 miles of regular driving before we leave. Cruising at a constant steady RPM is not really the best way to break a fresh motor in...agree?
+Quote Post
SGB
post Oct 5 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #210

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Dang, I need a helicopter to watch this come in!

Confirmation on the LaQuinta on primacy parkway. Almost new. Easy to find. Easy to get going this way from. Its right near St Francis (I think) Hospital. I used to stay there when I went to Memphis on business.

Alright Doug! I hoped you would make it.

Don't sweat the schedule. Someone can wait at the hotel for you. Even if you are pretty late, it is easy to find SM Racing, and we will just be hanging out grilling some burgers and pulling the engine outa Rusty's car. I think you will be fine even leaving by 12 or even 12:30. There is no real traffic between here and Memphis- but watch out for constabulary around Iuka, MS and Courtland, AL . I used to drive my 914 over when I had TDY and I got ticketed in Town Creek, AL.

Whoo-wee bring it on! Man I hope those dilithium cams come in early!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 5 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #211

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Oct 5 2008, 05:33 PM) *

I did as well. I like it when a plan just falls together. After Rick finishes whittling a pair of S cams from balsa wood, we'll be on our way south. Hey Rick, I suppose you'll need at least 150-200 miles of regular driving before we leave. Cruising at a constant steady RPM is not really the best way to break a fresh motor in...agree?

I think I will be fine on the break in, as long as I'm not break in it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'll run it on and off the ramps as I go down the freeway. This should be stop and go enough for a good ring set. The car should be running by Monday night. I'll have Tuesday to work on heat and nut and bolting the thing. (rechecking the fasteners) I should be ready Wednesday AM early.
+Quote Post
blitZ
post Oct 6 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #212

Beer please...

Member No.: 4,719

I was thinking the Georgia group may need to pin down a departure location and time on Thursday.

I think this is everyone.

Bob
Grady
Jason
Al
John
Lewis
Me
Jeff, may be too far south?
+Quote Post
naro914
post Oct 6 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #213

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Not sure if I am the "Bob" in the group, but Nadine and I will be coming down from Charlotte through ATL, so give us a time and place (hopefully not way too early - we're 4 hours away!) and we'll meet up.
Grady and I have been conversing about it, but nothing set.
+Quote Post
blitZ
post Oct 6 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #214

Beer please...

QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 6 2008, 06:16 PM) *

Not sure if I am the "Bob" in the group, but Nadine and I will be coming down from Charlotte through ATL, so give us a time and place (hopefully not way too early - we're 4 hours away!) and we'll meet up.
Grady and I have been conversing about it, but nothing set.

I was referring to Bob in Athens, didn't mean to leave you out. The more the merrier.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Oct 6 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #215

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

QUOTE(blitZ @ Oct 6 2008, 06:35 PM) *

I was referring to Bob in Athens, didn't mean to leave you out. The more the merrier.

np, that's why I asked....assumed it was some local Georgia Bob, not us NC people... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
shadygrady
post Oct 6 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #216

Member No.: 4,400

I didn't want to leave too early myself. Remember Alabama is an hour behind us. Check in is at 3pm their time, 4pm our time? I was wondering which path the Atlanta crowd would take to Huntsville. I want to meet up with the convoy along the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Will you be going through Cave Spring or Cedartown or Rome? Rome would be nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I was planning to ride along with the convoy, attend the tech session and come back to my house in Rome Thursday nite. That way I get to drive a little more. Also, my wife, the car owner, is working Thursday and can't go until Friday, but I can borrow her car Thursday if I bring it home Thursday nite. Then Friday morning we will be there for the festivities and spend Friday and Saturday nites in Huntsville. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Oct 6 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #217

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Fellow Ramblers,

Check-in at the Marriott is typically at 3pm. However, if rooms are ready they'll let people check in early.

Also, don't forget that check-in for the event will take a few minutes as well. You must get that done before we head over to SM Racing... during that time, you'll sign event waivers, sign SCCA autocross stuff if you're going to the AX, goodie bags, local maps, and other stuff.

Oh... and if you want to wash your car after your trip - hoses and buckets will be there, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Come early, avoid the 3pm-4pm rush at the registration desks - you won't be bored. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-Rusty
+Quote Post
shadygrady
post Oct 6 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #218

Member No.: 4,400

Rusty, I just learned that the calipers that Rich Herzog sent me Saturday came off the 911 you sold him 5 years ago. So those m calipers will be coming home for a visit next week. This sure is a great crowd.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Oct 6 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #219

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Has it been five years already?

I miss that car, but with the demands of my job, I just couldn't store and maintain as many cars as I had.

I'm grateful that the 911 went to a good home... and I hope the calipers serve you well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-Rusty
+Quote Post
blitZ
post Oct 6 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #220

Beer please...

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 6 2008, 07:11 PM) *

I didn't want to leave too early myself. Remember Alabama is an hour behind us. Check in is at 3pm their time, 4pm our time? I was wondering which path the Atlanta crowd would take to Huntsville. I want to meet up with the convoy along the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Will you be going through Cave Spring or Cedartown or Rome? Rome would be nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I was planning to ride along with the convoy, attend the tech session and come back to my house in Rome Thursday nite. That way I get to drive a little more. Also, my wife, the car owner, is working Thursday and can't go until Friday, but I can borrow her car Thursday if I bring it home Thursday nite. Then Friday morning we will be there for the festivities and spend Friday and Saturday nites in Huntsville. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

I assumed we would take I-20, since it is a straight shot. I'm up for an alternate route if the others are. When in Rome... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

20 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2024 - 05:57 PM