Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rocket City Ramble, October 16-19, N. Alabama, thank you to all who attended! :)
MiddleGACruiser
post Oct 20 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #321

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,694
Region Association: None

A few more...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Oct 20 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #322

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

And a few more...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Oct 20 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #323

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

Oh wow, I found these too!

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Oct 20 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #324

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

As was stated many times above, THANK YOU all that planned such a great event. Rusty, Scott, Brett, Sam and all the other volunteers that helped out, Nadine and I had a great time. This was the first real trip that Huey took since his unfortunate Newfoundland adventure, and he did great! Nadine thinks it's because he was among friends....

Thanks for all the new friendships we made, and hope to see everyone next year (or sooner!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Oct 20 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #325

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

Where will it stop?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Oct 20 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #326

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

These just showed too...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Oct 20 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #327

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

...and the last of them. I apologize if I missed anyone. I tried to get everyone's car.

Jeff

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
SGB
post Oct 20 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #328

just visiting

Member No.: 404

here are a few...
-AX 101 class
-Cotton on the scenic tour
-at Jack Daniels visitor center
-AX morning
-Brett's favorite tools

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JFJ914
post Oct 20 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #329

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 814

What can I add? Adrienne and I had a great time. I guess I'll have to finish my car so I'll have a place to put the tires! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
post Oct 20 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #330

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028

Hats off to Scott, Sam, Brett , John and of course Rusty for the fine Southern Hospitality that was served up at this years RCR.

Thanks to Clay, Betty, Travis, Robyn and Avery for letting the two ugliest Teeners tag along on the ride from Memphis. The Texas contingent was nothing but nice cars and friendly people. Congrats Avery on taking Clay out on your last run on Sunday.

Bill and John (Nashville brothers), Jeff, Jimbo, Rick, John, James (thx for hinges) and the ATL guy's, Al and Jason (congrats to you for taking out Racer Chris at AX and will look for you in the pits this Sunday) as well as those that names have already escaped me. Sure was nice hanging out, driving about and talking 914's with ya'll this weekend!! Can't wait till the next time!! Oh and Doug you have a 914 that is to behold. It could not have looked any better coming off the showroom floor

Also THX from me to DR. EVIL (for making me one lucky mofo), PMO Carbs, Rusty and AA for the sweet prizes that I walked away with.

Ken

Will add some pics when I get enough energy to compress them... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
stock93
post Oct 20 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #331

Member No.: 684

It was great to meet everybody. I had a blast. I haven't gotten that much seat time in a 914 in a long time due to mine being in project status. We really enjoyed the auto cross. Sam is wanting to go to the next autox. Maybe I'll be driving my 914 next year.

John
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Oct 21 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #332

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 20 2008, 07:30 PM) *

As was stated many times above, THANK YOU all that planned such a great event. Rusty, Scott, Brett, Sam and all the other volunteers that helped out, Nadine and I had a great time. This was the first real trip that Huey took since his unfortunate Newfoundland adventure, and he did great! Nadine thinks it's because he was among friends....

Thanks for all the new friendships we made, and hope to see everyone next year (or sooner!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Hmmm... now if he'll only quit breaking my balls. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Oct 21 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #333

It was great to meet everybody. I had a blast. I haven't gotten that much seat time in a 914 in a long time due to mine being in project status. We really enjoyed the auto cross. Sam is wanting to go to the next autox. Maybe I'll be driving my 914 next year.

Hey John,

How come Sam isn't on 914world, since she's a future 914 owner? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

-Rusty
+Quote Post
stock93
post Oct 21 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #334

Member No.: 684

I guess she really hasn't had much interest in them. Other than being around yours a bit she really hadn't been exposed to them until this past weekend. Speaking of Sam, shes going to bring you a cd at work with our pictures of the ramble on it.

John
+Quote Post
lttl_Sammy_Grl
post Oct 21 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #335

Member No.: 9,677

John really hasn't had time to work on his 914 due to daily drivers needing attention and building a 78 CJ5 with me. I have always wanted a jeep because I grew up with one, so that is what he used to see if I would be interested in working on cars. My dad doesn't work on cars, so he never taught me anything except how to change a flat. Before this event, I had only ever been around John's project 914 and then more recently Rusty's. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about 914s at all. Hopefully, that will change some time in the future.

I haven't been on here, because I didn't really have a reason to be. Rusty gets the credit for getting me interested in 914s. Rusty, you are the one that got me wanting a 914. I had a blast riding around in yours. You let John take it out that one day at Bret's shop, and that was the first 914 I've ever ridden in. You car is also the first one I've ever driven. The cable linkage is defiantly different. You'd better be careful or I'll be bugging you to drive yours. I really want to figure out starting from a stop...it's bugging the crap out of me.

Everyone will have to give John a hard time if he doesn't let me drive his when he gets it together. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

I had a blast at the event. Everyone was great, and I'm glad that everyone had a great time.

Now, due to the autocross, John and Bret are going to have a hard time scaring me when they drive. I didn't hardly breath the first two times I rode with other drivers. Bret sent me out with the first driver (can't remember his name...I'm horrible with names), and told him it was my first time and to scare the shit out of me. I'm ready to go again. Autocross is definitely a thrill. I think my dad would rather me autocross than sky dive (something else i've always wanted to try). John will autocross with me, but for some reason I can't get him to jump out of a plane with me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I am still not completely recovered, so I'm going to go get some sleep. Catch everyone latter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 21 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #336

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Sandy and I arrived home last night safe and without incident. My new Hybrid 5.0 "S" 928 engine is sound. I left home for the RCR with the car loaded on the trailer due to a broken CV joint.

Thanks to good friends like Chappy I had an axle in hand and a chance to make the event. We continued on to Bill and Pom's house with the Mother Ship and Alien in tow. Bill and I installed the Axle and tied up a few loose ends before feasting on the best Ty food ever. After a great lunch the four of us departed Huson WI for points south.

We had a few minor glitches along the way. If they would have happened in our home town we would have dismissed it as just another hurdle to overcome. But when your 500 plus miles from home you can feel the stress and wonder if your nuts or question just why your traveling across country in an exotic piece of machinery to places unknown.

Well, Bill and I adapted and overcame the challanges and completed the journey.
Over the next several days we all met some great new friends. Your Alabama roads are fantastic! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Rusty, Scott and the rest of the crew assembled a world class event. I was very impressed with the support for us out of towners. Bill had an issue arise with his LS6. This is a very exotic version of this engine with lots of non chevrolet race parts. Brett went above the call to see Bill had full use of what ever he needed in the race shop.

The Banquet was fabulous! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) The awards are special. As I understand, Rusty made most of these in his home work shop. The door prizes were all announced with credit for the businesses that gave so generiously. I want to thank all the sponsors! Wow! You people deserve all our respect and support! My hat is off and We give you all a Standing "O"!

I enjoyed seeing old friends. Just to mention a few like Rusty, Doug Leggins and specially Ed. Oh, and he's smarter than his new boss. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
I really enjoyed seeing Suzie at the event. I choked up a little while I was talking with Jeff her new owner. Jeff is a great guy. She's in good hands.

Now that were home, I have some fuel injections issues to resolve. I need to strip and repaint the car before next years schedule of events, and some chassis work I have been neglecting since I started the experiment.

Sandy came home and started searching on line for a 914 for herself. I think she really liked the twisty roads. So, we may have another teener in the family in the future. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Here are a few photos we took. Thanks again everyone! See ya'll next year!

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 21 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #337

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

A couple more pics.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Oct 22 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #338

Pics from Les Griffin!

Thumbnails and originals will be hosted on the Rocket City Ramble site in the near future. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Oct 22 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #339

more!

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Oct 22 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #340

More from Les!

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post

20 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 07:23 AM