Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

85 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Doc's tranny waggin'
Dr Evil
post Apr 1 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #1201

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Well, I am back from the hospital (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Hard to type with my almost missing finger...I was welding and grinding and slipped with the 9" cut off wheel that I was using inappropriately....without a guard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Right through the tendon on the thumb side of my pointer. Likely not gonna be salvageable.....I would care more but the pain meds are kicking in. typing one handed sux. Probably gonna have to sell mt guitars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

One plenum is leak proof, now, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 1 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #1202

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) April fools unless pics are posted, with the bus, BMW, GUZZI and Leon in the background....holding todays newspaper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 1 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #1203

rust free you say ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) The engine was already under the bus a couple hours ago
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 1 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #1204

The plenums not on the engine. I was still fixing them. no pics....sleepy.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 1 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #1205

rust free you say ?

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 1 2012, 06:32 PM) *

The plenums not on the engine. I was still fixing them. no pics....sleepy.

funny how you keep posting in other threads so injured and doped up. Try harder next year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 1 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #1206

Funny how you must ruin things so you can "feel" smart (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I am tying one handed. I burnt the hell out of my left thumb.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 1 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #1207

rust free you say ?

Oh, sorr........y I guess I'll call off the tranny clinic. No way you can perform well all doped up. It kind of presents a real liability for me anyways. Sux for all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 1 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #1208

rust free you say ?

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 1 2012, 06:43 PM) *

Funny how you must ruin things so you can "feel" smart (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I am tying one handed. I burnt the hell out of my left thumb.

LEAVE THE CRACK PIPE ALONE MICHAEL !!!
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Apr 1 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #1209

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

Well, after Mike cut his unit off and almost his finger too, I felt sorry for him and went in to work on his bus after he passed out from the tequila and pain meds. I hope he isn't pissed when he comes too but here is what I left him with.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sure hope he likes it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 1 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #1210

rust free you say ?

OWWWWW I just severd my hand while working on my Agave green with brick red interior 356 Carrera roadster. What to do what to do. Oh me oh my. Hard to type wif face. I'll probably have to sell my.....my.....my paint guns.......... CRAP it hurtz. Oh cral payn neds kikin im. Go beddee by...............
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 1 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #1211

I love gas-burners on a bus (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Apr 1 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #1212

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

Well, seeing as Scotty is my buddy too, and seeing as how he lost his masturbation hand and Alex doesn't want him anymor, I felt sorry for him too. On my way home from the Evil one's house I dropped by Scotty's to see if I could lend a "hand". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) I did the best I could to finish his car for him but apparently I used too much thinner in the paint. By the time I got the mix right I was out of green paint so he will just have to live with this.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Oh yeah, I accidentally had a small accident when I was sitting in it taking a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) break. There was a small fire so you got stuck with silver interior too. Sorry bro, I am a rookie after all and from Arkansas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) did you expect, perfection? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 1 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #1213

rust free you say ?

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 1 2012, 07:26 PM) *

Well, seeing as Scotty is my buddy too, and seeing as how he lost his masturbation hand and Alex doesn't want him anymor, I felt sorry for him too. On my way home from the Evil one's house I dropped by Scotty's to see if I could lend a "hand". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) I did the best I could to finish his car for him but apparently I used too much thinner in the paint. By the time I got the mix right I was out of green paint so he will just have to live with this.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Oh yeah, I accidentally had a small accident when I was sitting in it taking a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) break. There was a small fire so you got stuck with silver interior too. Sorry bro, I am a rookie after all and from Arkansas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) did you expect, perfection? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

You're the best Shoe. I'll deal with the silver. I just wish you could have gotten the whole dor painted, but I guess I can still use a paint roller to finish it out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 2 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #1214

Alls I needed was some non-rainy weather and "poof" the engine is now suspended from the bus. Of course, I came down with a pretty damn good cold this weekend which has me a little less motivated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Attached Image

Things on the "to do" list:

Fuel pump plumbing
Engine tin design, fabricate, install
Figure out the throttle
Location of the CIS box
Find the registration
Get it inspected (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Install the new gear selector cable
Figure out fuel hoses

That is the short list. The fuel hoses are actually the big hang up. I have the translucent OE style stuff, but I am not sure I have enough and I want to go to stainless braided. Hell, even hard lines would be nice as a 90* bend on the injectors would help out a lot.

Tonight I finished up the final phase of the plenums. I need to sand the intake welds smooth, re leak test one, and then install.

One other snag might be the location of the CIS box in the left engine bay as the spare tire cup is over there. I think I will have to cut it out, which I wanted to do any way as the spare is now on the front. The PITA will be getting the hole welded closed as the welder will not reach and the bus will have to drive to back into the garage to fix this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Motivation.

Stay tuned.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 3 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #1215

Well, now that it is in I am seeing potential problems with the injectors. If I could get them to come off at 90* then they would be perfect. The ones for 924 have a banjo bolt that goes on the end and would fit the bill, but I am not sure the flow rate would be correct. Plus, I already have 6 new 911 injectors....maybe I can sell them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

More research.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 3 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #1216

So, the 2.0 injectors from a pre-1980 924 seem to be the right part. I am looking into this further. If I can get this sorted, a major obstacle will be removed as I can get the hoses made and fit much easier.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 3 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #1217

I got some work done on the tin tonight. The good news is that the front and rear parts can be used as is with little to no modification. I did have to make new side ones as the new heads changed the layout completely. Here are the pics of the "easy" side (no AAR or WUR mounts to work around). The base is 16Ga for rigidity since there is no place to bolt that part on, the sides are 22ga and burn through very easy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I keep telling myself, "its just s prototype".

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 3 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #1218

Found a good deal on a set of 924 injectors, cheap even with overnight delivery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I will likely not have this bus done by weeks end, but I think I can still make it to Scotty B's and Hershey. I hope to have the last bits needed by the end of the week, or ordered. This weekend I am working both days so will not be able to work on it before I leave town to OH to work. Lets see what I CAN get done.

Tomorrow:
Tins, Fuel system, throttle system
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Apr 4 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #1219

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 1 2012, 10:19 PM) *

Well, I am back from the hospital (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Hard to type with my almost missing finger...I was welding and grinding and slipped with the 9" cut off wheel that I was using inappropriately....without a guard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Right through the tendon on the thumb side of my pointer. Likely not gonna be salvageable.....I would care more but the pain meds are kicking in. typing one handed sux. Probably gonna have to sell mt guitars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

One plenum is leak proof, now, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Evil,

Hospital called. You forgot yer finger. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Nice nail polish, not that there is anything wrong with that. The nursies said your blue exam gloves usually cover that up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 4 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #1220

So, mocking up the CIS system and found a few obstacles that need removing/engineering around.

1) That damn tire well is in the way. Well, it was...
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

2) The TB with the shallow hose on top is too tall for the engine bay, so I will need to tilt the TB assembly and thus make the pipe from the air box with the distributor to the TB have a twist in it....this should be easy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I just got confirmation that my injectors shipped (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I am sending measurements for the fuel lines to the guy that will make them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

85 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 05:28 PM