Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

85 Pages V « < 47 48 49 50 51 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Doc's tranny waggin'
VaccaRabite
post Jun 18 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #961

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Thats hot. How easy did the hoses go together? I bought a set of AN wrenches and watched some videos on youtube. Does not look too hard, but curious to know.

Looks good, hope to see it before you move.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jun 18 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #962

"Ace" Mechanic

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,238
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 18 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #963

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

I borrowed the Kool tool hose thing from Paul as well as a hardened pair of tree branch clippers that make cutting the hose way easy. I can make a hose in about 1 min. I didnt use no special wrenches (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
arkitect
post Jun 18 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #964

Member No.: 11,426
Region Association: None

Mike,
You sure are keeping yourself busy...keeping multiple cars on the road and installing tran cooler.

Dave
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #965

I had to call it a night before I finished tonight. Some simple things fought me and cost me time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) The fan and oil cooler are all in now. All hoses are made and installed only needing to be tightened. To get on the road I need to install the CV axles and the Exhaust (plus a few incidentals). Tomorrow is going to be HELL.

The plan:

Wake up by 9am (going to bed at 3am) so I can have my work bench out of my garage and ready for pickup by 10am. Finish bus. Drive to Zachs and recover my trailer and what ever else I left there that I actually want. Come home, put two bikes on the trailer, load the bus, load other cars, drive to Washington for round one, return home later that night. Wake up on Sun and pack everything else into moving truck. I cant wait to start working 80 hours a week, only, and getting paid......(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 19 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #966

En Garde!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
I miss you guys already.

Zach
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 19 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #967

En Garde!

By the way, do you need help monday?
I'll be getting home late Sunday, and can drive up to Hershey Monday if you guys need help or want company before you head out. But I don't want to impede momentum if you guys need to get out the door. Just let me know.

Zach
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #968

Dude, we will probably need help. Today has been an epic fail with regards to the bus. Every thing that could go wrong did. First, I had to move the engine over again as the axles were not centered, that started shit with the mount interfering with the trans cooler hoses (much time). Then the dam tranz didnt want to match up with the mount in the front. Working on a down hill SUX. The engine and drive train were all hanging down hill and that took up the 1/4" I needed to mount the damn front mount. I ended up putting the suby behind the bus, putting a strap on the engine bar of the bus and tying it to the suby's tow pointin order to pull the engine back the little bit I needed. I am a redneck. THEN the damn engine tin got bent and all of it was now off center. Then the exhaust would not go together and I found that two clips were lost on the road and the stores were closed and I could not get replacements. I stole the two I needed off of the pipe tips as they are only for looks. Finally, I was finishing the hardware hook ups, getting the throttle linkage on the tranz hooked to the throttle cable, I noticed that the lever was bent a bit from the jack going from lift to drop too soon, I pushed on the leaver and it came off in my hand. GAME OVER....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I need to remove the oil pan (with new gasket that I can not replace until Mon so I need to be careful), remover the rod the lever went on, and go to Paul's shop tomorrow and weld it back together (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

We have resigned to tow the bus on a trailer behind the moving truck. Tomorrow, Noel and Heidi will take the Suby to the new place. I will load it with all kinds of goodies for the trip (garage crap). I still need to come to York and get the trailer and stuff. Probably will do tomorrow of early Mon. We will trailer the bikes with the Vue and I will tow the bus with the moving truck. What a PITA today.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 19 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #969

En Garde!

Just let me know what you need. If you need to keep stuff in my garage for a little bit of time, thats fine.

Zach
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #970

If you can bring up the trailer and any left over parts in your garage, that would be a huge help as it would save me 2 hours of driving. Let me know if you can.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 19 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #971

En Garde!

I can. I'll bring it up Mon Morning. I'll probably be earlyish, as I can't stay too late (maybe getting to your place ~ 10 assuming everything goes smooth and I get the trailer set up tomorrow night when I get home. I want to take Theo to the pool monday afternoon. I've not seen him all weekend, and I miss him!

You should probably get the trailer inspected and properly tagged before you head off across the state. May not be an issue, but with your luck lately, you'd get tagged for it.

Waht do you want me load on it? All the stuff in the attic? Is there stuff that you want left here for staging to go to Scotty later?

Zach
+Quote Post
plas76targa
post Jun 20 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #972

Member No.: 1,700

Mike, Zach,
I can help after 6/26 if there's anything you want to leave behind and maybe Zach and I could bring out later? Lemme know.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 20 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #973

I will be awake early on Mon. All my stuff from your shop can go. The trailer is inspected, I just need to all the tag and sticker. I will register it on line today so it is legal when you tow it. Thanks for the help. Matt, I shouldnt have anything left over, but thanks for the kind offer.

Today's agenda:

- Remove exhaust pipes, refabricate drivers S pipe
- Get exhaust pipe clamps
- Remove tranz oil pan to get to shifter rod so I can weld the end back on
- Pick up truck at 11:30am
- Pack and clean garage
- Load stuff into bus

Not in any particular order. Noel and Heidi will be taking the VUE and Suby to the new house with a load of stuff. They will return in the VUE tonight about 8pm and start loading the truck with boxes from inside the house.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 28 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #974

Believe it or not, I have found a few hours over the last month to work on the bus. I consider it a meditative activity. I put coil over front on, which raised the front up to the correct height and made the ride more firm, like I prefer. Then I added the 7/8" front sway bar which is a big difference (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Then, I could not help myself, I got some 15x7" wheels and put some 225/70-15 tires on them. These are the biggest that you can put on (I am finding out) with out having to modify the bus. I will get pics, but I am done today, on call tomorrow and out cold for most of the day fri. I got all the wheels on but one as the nuts on the one are freaky tight and I will have to find my 1" drive set (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) That, and it is humid and I need to hit the sack.
I also had time to change and reseal the oil pan, and valve cover gaskets as well as try to seal the cable from the trans that was leaking badly. I over filled the trans some how, so I need to build a tank to suck some out with the vacuum. Probably Sat.
It is running rich now that I seem to have gotten all of the air leaks fixed. Gonna have to change the jets out again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Worth it! It drives awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Being able to do little things here and there when I have the time is great therapy.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jul 28 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #975

En Garde!

I bet.

Looking forward to see how it looks w/o the racked front end. Good to see you on line again.
Zach
+Quote Post
type11969
post Jul 29 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #976

Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

He lives! Good to hear that you are getting in some mental health breaks. I am real interested to hear more about the coil overs, the wheels, and the tires you got. I bet it looks mean.
+Quote Post
stepuptotheMike
post Jul 29 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #977

medium pimpin

Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

Did we ever get video of this beast? We demand video ya know... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mike
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 31 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #978

No video yet, but here are the wheels and tires (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I will need to take a few more to show the difference.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 31 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #979

More

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 31 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #980

The rear.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

85 Pages V « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 05:12 AM