Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wrecked 914 part 2: The insurance offer, Hold your nose
Dr Evil
post May 12 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #81

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Well, just to prove that when it rains it pours, here is some other stuff that happened from this. Sit back, its a tale.....

The paramedic that showed up on scene with the EMT in the ambulance has filed a complaint about me with the school claiming that when she got on scene I identified myself as a 3rd year trauma resident (which is a doctor, not a student) and that I was confrontational. She said that I told her to leave and that Chris didnt need EMS. She further said that I told her to "step back" and that I "knew what I was doing" and asked her for her ID so I could turn her in. She said that she told me that I would have to speak to medical command and that I responded by saying that "I know everyone in medical command!" I dont even know what medical command is and this whole statement is a complete fabrication.

So, I had to meet with the head of emergency medicine to explain myself. I couldnt believe that someone would make up such blatant lies. I have no idea of the motive behind this either. Since my account of the events, which were completely uninteresting, conflict with her account I am having to meet with the dean of education for the school to see where we go from here.

Am I worried? Not even a little as I have 3 witnesses: Chris, Noel and Heidi were all there the whole time and confirm what I remember. This is great shit to have to deal with right before I had my surgery shelf exam (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

When the fuck did my life become a soap opera?!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 12 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #82

QUOTE(wilchek @ May 12 2008, 06:41 PM) *

I just got a quote from Haggerty for 170.00 with agreed value of $15,000. The question is had anyone had any expereince with Hagerty??

People love Haggerty. I will likeley switch to them.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post May 12 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #83

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 12 2008, 07:20 PM) *

When has it not been? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Zach
+Quote Post
type11969
post May 12 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

Maybe she just REALLY wanted to get me in the back of that ambulance. After all, I did look pretty hott at that point . . .

Seriously though, I simply can't imagine anyone buying that tale. Being a med student = smart. Telling an EMT going to the hospital at which said med student is interning that he is a doctor = very unsmart. I don't think any more explanation is needed.

Give me the signal and I'll send a notarized letter with my account of the afternoon.

-Chris

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 12 2008, 03:20 PM) *

Well, just to prove that when it rains it pours, here is some other stuff that happened from this. Sit back, its a tale.....

The paramedic that showed up on scene with the EMT in the ambulance has filed a complaint about me with the school claiming that when she got on scene I identified myself as a 3rd year trauma resident (which is a doctor, not a student) and that I was confrontational. She said that I told her to leave and that Chris didnt need EMS. She further said that I told her to "step back" and that I "knew what I was doing" and asked her for her ID so I could turn her in. She said that she told me that I would have to speak to medical command and that I responded by saying that "I know everyone in medical command!" I dont even know what medical command is and this whole statement is a complete fabrication.

So, I had to meet with the head of emergency medicine to explain myself. I couldnt believe that someone would make up such blatant lies. I have no idea of the motive behind this either. Since my account of the events, which were completely uninteresting, conflict with her account I am having to meet with the dean of education for the school to see where we go from here.

Am I worried? Not even a little as I have 3 witnesses: Chris, Noel and Heidi were all there the whole time and confirm what I remember. This is great shit to have to deal with right before I had my surgery shelf exam (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
scotty b
post May 12 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #85

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 12 2008, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 12 2008, 07:20 PM) *

When has it not been? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Zach

Hell you're living with two good looking women, you have a stable full of exotic cars and motorcycles. Doctor by day, tranny surgeon at night. Probably like coke and hookers on your sailboat on friday nights too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
type11969
post May 12 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

Doesn't Haggerty have significant limitations like all the other collector car insurances like it always has to be garaged, can't drive to work/be on the road during rush hour, can't run errands to it, etc? Basically I thought you can only drive it to shows/test drives. Of course you can bend the rules without them knowing but if you get caught in an accident situation, you are left with no insurance, both on your vehicle, yourself, and whoever else might be involved. No thanks. I know Statefarm did an agreed value std policy on my Beetle in NJ, I think this summer when I sell the 'ata I'll see if they can swing that here in PA too. Right now I have collector ins through them and it is pretty reasonable.

Hope I'm wrong on Haggerty, I'd like another option in case statefarm can't pull through.

-Chris

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 12 2008, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(wilchek @ May 12 2008, 06:41 PM) *

I just got a quote from Haggerty for 170.00 with agreed value of $15,000. The question is had anyone had any expereince with Hagerty??

People love Haggerty. I will likeley switch to them.

+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post May 12 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

QUOTE(scotty b @ May 12 2008, 03:34 PM) *

Hell you're living with two good looking women, you have a stable full of exotic cars and motorcycles. Doctor by day, tranny surgeon at night. Probably like coke and hookers on your sailboat on friday nights too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

I think you got the makings of a script, sell it to Holywood and go 50/50 with Dr.E.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post May 12 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #88

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Miami Vice meets Dexter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) I want to be in the Evil business
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post May 12 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

QUOTE(type11969 @ May 12 2008, 03:39 PM) *

Doesn't Haggerty have significant limitations like all the other collector car insurances like it always has to be garaged, can't drive to work/be on the road during rush hour, can't run errands to it, etc? Basically I thought you can only drive it to shows/test drives. Of course you can bend the rules without them knowing but if you get caught in an accident situation, you are left with no insurance, both on your vehicle, yourself, and whoever else might be involved. No thanks. I know Statefarm did an agreed value std policy on my Beetle in NJ, I think this summer when I sell the 'ata I'll see if they can swing that here in PA too. Right now I have collector ins through them and it is pretty reasonable.

Hope I'm wrong on Haggerty, I'd like another option in case statefarm can't pull through.

-Chris

Chris is correct about the restrictions that are inherent on some collector auto policies. My State Farm agent could write a collector policy (and save me some money), but it stipulates that I can't drive it to work, run errands, or do anything that isn't car show or parade related. No thanks. So they wrote a stated value policy that allows me to use the car anytime, anywhere, anyway I choose to.
I would, however, suggest everyone insure their car for the situation that best suits them. I'm sure rates will vary by carrier, state, policy holder status, etc.

Paul
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 12 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #90

Oh ya, I forgot to mention that interfering with EMS in the way alleged is illegal (as I was reminded) and if they find the claim true I will be expelled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Like I said, I am not worried, but I am going to have to deal with this as it is unforgivable.

If I am involved in a wreck where I die in the ambulance you know who did it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post May 12 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #91

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

what did you do to piss off the EMS lady so badly?
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post May 12 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #92

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Based on most EMS twits, he pissed her off by being male and breathing......
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 12 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #93

The only thing I can think of is that she was pissed that she had to return empty handed since we drove Chris to the hospital. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post May 12 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #94

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

If you mentioned that you were a medical student, most emt's wanted to be MD's

but for one reason or another, life did not allow it. Some are bitter some are not,

they all do good works, but I guess it dosen't always pay to be a Dr, Evil (clever eh). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
LvSteveH
post May 12 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #95

I put the Poor in Porsche

Member No.: 600

In many areas paramedics are paid quite a bit less than a UPS driver. Many want to get on the fire department which pays much better and can't make it. They get trapped in a low paying high stress job and it takes its toll.

I would check with the company to see if she's a chronic complainer, that could help. Given the severity of the situation you'd think they would want some kind of proof to kick you out. The biggest thing she has going for her is that she has no apparent reason to lie.

Good luck getting that resolved, that almost sucks more than the accident itself.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 12 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #96

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 12 2008, 04:20 PM) *

Mike,
Have all of your witnesses write statements to the effect that your version of the events are true. Give them to the school. At least part of what she says is true but she probably substituted resident for student. She had to have gotten that from you or someone who was with you. She either is a real f-stick or you pissed her off pretty good. Most medics wouldn't bother. They just want to go home when the shift is over.
I assume that Chris was willing to sign an AMA release? Did you impede her ability to do an assessment? Was he walking around? He no doubt met trauma criteria, meaning he might have been flown out and a trauma alert activated at the nearest trauma center. They would have alerted a truama surgeon who would have gotten a batch of x-rays and done an assessment in about 1/2 hour. The point of which is to have trauma victims in surgery within an hour of arrival. I don't know your local EMS policies but the intrusion into the passenger compartment would have activated a trauma alert locally here in NorCal. The newer the medic the more likely they would be to want to cover their bottom by activating the trauma alert. More experienced medics would be likely to call medical control and say I have a walkie - talkie with some venous facial trauma and a broken tooth who wants to sign AMA. Bottom line is you may have a political problem. Trauma surgeons have an enormous amount of influence because of the millions in revenue they bring in. If you pissed off the trauma surgeon the school may be getting irritation from him. Especially if the school and trauma center are connected. You need to prove she got it wrong. You identified yourself as a resident, you didn't interfere, Chris was the one who refused treatment, not you on his behalf.
If she thought you were a doc, what she wanted to tell you was that you either had to ride in with her and Chris or relinquish medical control to her local EMS protocol. Meaning control of the scene and patient was back in her ballpark.
Doctors and nurses are higher medical authority and can take over the scene based on that authority. Most don't though because they would have to ride in with the patient and be responsible for whatever they decide to do. Do you recall a confrontational scene with her? Did she practically insist that he take the ambulance ride?
Welcome to the politics of medicine. Sorry about your mess...
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 12 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #97

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Lots of people leave the scene with friends or relatives to go to the hospital rather than leave in the ambulance. I'm sure they lost a fare. I doubt her boss was happy about it. I wouldn't do anything without a lawyer at this point. If you get kicked out of the med program at this point you will be screwed.

Time to do your home work and learn the law and how it will play out in the case.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post May 12 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #98

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Fade to black, next to the scene in the court of appeals, the Evil Doctor's lawyer is examining the EMS's Supervisor on the stand......the Judge interupts and in a slow drawl, he asks the Supervisor, "Tell me son, I say tell me.....this emPLOYEEEEE of yours, is she, a little bit of a nagger?"

Um, no Sir, she's a big old white gal about 5 foot 10. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 12 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #99

All of what she said that I quoted was BS. There was no confrontation. We were all professional and I thought they did a fine job. I even thanked them for coming out and felt that nothing went wrong. I identified myself as a 3rd year medical student more than several times when a new person came and asked what happened. This was only so I had some credibility in telling those who needed to know how things went down. There was an ED doc on scene later that took over.

I know all of the Trauma surgeons as I was working with them at the time. They would rather a non-trauma not come in and are not involved at all with this matter. The ED docs are the same. It all points at the paramedic. I am not worried about being expelled. I have plenty of backup (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Wanna9146
post May 12 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #100

Member No.: 8,595
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(wilchek @ May 12 2008, 02:41 PM) *

I have Hagerty on 5 of my cars. They are great. No claims, so far, except towing.

There are limitations:

1) Vehicle must be in a locked garage when not in use/overnight.
2) Limited mileage (rumoured to be 5k/yr., but they never checked/asked).
3) To/from shows/events/track/shop only. Occasional "pleasure use" OK (e.g. cruise to a restaurant for dinner on Sat. night).
4) You must have another insured/registered vehicle (Daily Driver). One daily driver for each licensed member of the household.
5)No using vehicle for errands or in place of your daily driver. If your daily driver breaks down, you can't hop in your "classic" and use it as a replacement.
6) Driver must be at least 25 years old with no tickets/accidents/claims.
7) Vehicle must be a classic, collectible or "exotic".

Go to their website (www.hagerty.com). They list all the restrictions there.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2024 - 04:59 AM