Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> crazy neighbor / Quick update noise law suit, There noise CD
effutuo101
post Jun 5 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

For some reason I thought he lived in a house and the condo was across the street. We will wait for an update.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 5 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #62

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 5 2008, 09:01 PM) *

I didn't hear anything about it being a Condo. I understood this to be freestanding houses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I understand what you're saying. The preliminary injunction does mention "common walls":

"Defendant is ordered to refrain from striking common walls"

and the original post (http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=83255&hl=) also includes the following:

"She has a pro sound guy and they have set up a recording system pointed at my garage from her kitchen (Condo)."

Here' a picture of the building:
http://members.cox.net/altjamy/test%20(Small).bmp

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this is going to be a tough sell...

+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Jun 5 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 3,782

The ruling stands but gives me from 8:30 to 12:30 and 2:00 to 5:00 no weekends.
Our take is the judges sound threshold is much more In our favor, so when she drags us in again for what-ever the will truly understand what a F99ken jackass this thing is..
On the other hand we have decided to sell this place since its a much wanted condo in Irvine and retains most of its value and get into a house with no association's and common walls.
Until then I can do what I want in the non controlled hours which is much better than its been in the past year and a half, but its still bullshit!!

They say they have 6,000 sound bites and of that they picked 40. This for 6 months of time came to 13 1/2 minutes of which 3 1/2 minutes she was home.
You would think if you had 6k, all 40 would be at least when she's not at work.
This judge just wanted to get the bittttch to go away, at our expense. We have a mandatory mediation in 2 weeks and we may be able to settle this then but I don't count on anything.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Jun 6 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #64

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Sucks you have to go through this. Whatta bunch of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 6 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #65

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks. So does that mean we may have another PNW teener soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Jun 6 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #66

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 5 2008, 11:05 PM) *

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks. So does that mean we may have another PNW teener soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

PNW ???
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 6 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #67

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

Pacific North West (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Jun 6 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #68

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763

naw, go to Yucaipa down in the inland empire. My neighbor hood has some places for sale. I got my 914, and drumset there, so you can make all the noise you want to.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jun 6 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #69

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

After you sell your place, let us know her name, address & phone #. We'll give her a clue of what harrassment is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jun 6 2008, 09:45 AM
Post #70

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

I would bet that you would have to disclose the nutjob neighbor issue to a seller....probably diminish property value. A killer in this market.

One could probably use that argument in court as well.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 6 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #71

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

a crazy neighbor is not an issue with the structure and would not be be noted in a prepurchase inspection. i don't think a "crazy neighbor" disclosure is required. one can only hope the buyer has a wheelbarrow full of kids and 2 dogs that bark incessantly.
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 6 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #72

The Viper Blue 914

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 6 2008, 08:53 AM) *

a crazy neighbor is not an issue with the structure and would not be be noted in a prepurchase inspection. i don't think a "crazy neighbor" disclosure is required. one can only hope the buyer has a wheelbarrow full of kids and 2 dogs that bark incessantly.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

The dispute in question does not impact the structural integrity of the condo, not the suitability of the condo for residential use. If the condo were advertised as a suitable place to perform auto restoration, you might have a problem. Otherwise, I would think you are in the clear.

Unfortunately, you could easily have a similar problem in a free-standing residential neighborhood. Many neighbors were not raised in an environment where they performed any work on their own vehicles, and most don't understand what you are doing. I would go so far as to say that many homeowners out there equate a high-performance classic car with hot-rodding around the neighborhood, and therefore, a safety issue for their children. Whereever you decide to move, your might want to make a high priority of ensuring your neighborhood accepts the noise that comes with DIY auto projects. Because wthout their cooperation, you are probably going to run into similar issues elsewhere.

+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Jun 6 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 5,506

Well look at the bright side you now are going out to look for a New home, which is better suited for what you like to do.

I understand there are parts of So Cal that just suck, but some of you have closed eye to the large open lots of land that myself and many of my car buddies have purchased and enjoy with NO restrictions.
I have over ten cars and a 1500sq ft of garage on my property and work sometimes until 2am. My neighbors bring food, drinks, sit and talk and ask question about their home repairs car repairs or whatever. One neighbors is a housewife, another is a sound guy and another is a contractor, we all get along just great. This same situation I know for a fact is repeated with a few of my well off friends as well.

Sure we pay more for land than what I can get in Montana But I can't make the money I am making in Montana doing what I do. I envy writer or people that can live anywhere and work from home by sitting up a small business from just about anywhere (Jake R), but that's a small percentage of people who can do that.

I think It really come down to Location and what you are willing to spend for piece of mind and good living.

My first garage was a carport in Santa Monica write next to a med size Condo complex. Never did I get any lip from the folks living in the condo or the apartment I was living in, And I was surly less considerate in my 20s.

Picture are;
Dirt biking 3 miles away. The white stuff a few times in the winter. Buddies hanging out.
LA is not that bad just depends where you live like any other state. Thats my patio and backyard.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
brer
post Jun 6 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,736

ok, now i feel inadequate.
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 6 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #75

The Viper Blue 914

WOW! Looks like a great place to live!!!

The key to your success may not be the large piece of land as much as the cultivation of friends you have made with your neighbors. That they come over and join you with food and drink is really great.

There are cranky people everywhere, even in Montana! Getting along with your neighbors is the key (and sometimes probably the hardest part).
+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Jun 6 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #76

Member No.: 5,506

Did I forget the miles and miles of winding roads?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 6 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #77

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

Your NSX buddies, that must be fun. Maybe next swapmeet you can take me for a

ride in her. Nice place, I saw the pic's from your last gathering but I did not

realize it was your place. Thats one hell of a garage. See ya. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Jun 6 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #78

I think its a good idea to disclose everything, h.s.t. My statements would just be I do loud auto related work, hammering, grinding etc. I would just invite them over to talk with her. She would describe me as a neighborhood loud jerk and I wouldn't deny that..
Unless the new buyer is going to make noise like my neighbor describes there will be no issues. Believe me 99.9% of the homeowners around here go to the car spa every week and don't even check there own oil..
My brother lives 5 miles away in Lake Forest, I can get in to a home for about the same price. There people have much more freedom and space. My place even with the down market has only gone from 500K to 450k because where it is in the city and its in the lower 1/3 of the price of homes. Tons of young people in there 30s looking for this model.

My brother and I have been talking about looking for the right home in foreclosure, since I have tons of time I can do all the leg work. I've been in that situation about 20 years ago and understand how people feel when folks coming knocking at there door, but for most homes the numbers aren't good, but find the right home you can get a smoking deal along with helping out the owner with cash they wouldn't otherwise get.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Jun 6 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #79

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590

Just wondering after reading this thread...

1. find out when was the project built.
2. check and see if the code required a min. STC (Sound Transmission Class) rating on the party or common walls when the project was built.
3. Test to see if the walls meet this min. STC requirement. (minimal cost)
4. If walls fail to meet code requirements, put responsibility back on homeowners association.

A good site for basic info is: http://www.stcratings.com/

I suggest you do this anyway due to the volatility of the neighbor and your possible sale.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 6 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #80

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

If you do move I would drive by her house every fukking day when she will be home! I'd let everyone know where too. I am sure there are others with equally loud cars that can drive through your neighborhood (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 06:49 PM