Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Mendeola is a go!, it's here!! pix included now
byndbad914
post Sep 24 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #1

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

Been a lot of phone calls, etc and in fact I UPS'd my starter to them to verify fitment. My big issue was how in the hell I am going to mount a starter on the transaxle that doesn't hang way below the car (an inverted VW/Porsche bellhousing puts the starter at 6 o'clock on my car and means I would be dragging the solenoid on the ground).

Then they had this puppy left in stock - apparently they only made a couple of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif) just moves the starter to the other side of what I have.

Attached Image

sssooooo, the sequential dog geared monster transaxle just might be a go for me!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Laid under the car last night to make sure it looks like it will work, and this thing might be "money"! He is going to take some pix with my starter installed today as a final verification - if it all looks good then "it's on".

My current setup... notice starter should just move to the drivers side but remain parallel to ground

Attached Image

I'm sorta gloating I know... but I have literally talked to them for 4 yrs now on and off waiting for them to get an LSD setup that I liked, etc etc and this trans apparently is using the same LSD style as the Vipers and so forth.

Don't even ask price... OMFG am I gonna pay for this one for awhile (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) but will look like this smiley the whole time I am driving it (notice only pulls shifter in one direction, no mo' H crap) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)

And got my new Excellence last night - the same day I got the pic above - and page 161 = Going Sequential (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) It's a sign from God hhahaha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 43)
effutuo101
post Nov 27 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

what can I say about this thread except WOW!. Please take a video and post it of your first run down the block after you have everything sorted. Keep up the good work.
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Nov 27 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #42

thanks Chris, will do! This will be a "winter" project but I am hoping to get a blast around the block sometime in Jan or Feb depending on how this winter goes (Denver area is really "iffy" but we have had two rather crappy winters in a row, some winters will only be 11-15 days with snow, so it's a crap shoot as to what the roads are like). My friend Ken will be helping me and he has a vid cam and will want a ride for sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Nov 27 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #43

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

How much does that thing weigh....not that I'm in the market. It costs twice as much as my engine....or as much as one of Jake's hero motors. Just for a data point please.
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Nov 28 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #44

It has got to be in the north of the 930 box but hopefully not by much... that said I intend to weigh it before I install and compare to the 930. With my knee surgery I am not able to do at that yet. Somewhere in the garage I have a note when I weighed the 930 with fluid in it back in May/June when I had everything out for the annual look-see.

If I remember to (which is always questionable when my memory is counted upon) I will put the 5qts of fluid in it beforehand (mostly so I don't have to dink with filling in the car) and get the total weight with fluid. Of course if I forget I can just weigh the fluid in the containers to add to it.

It is probably double a 901 box tho' for sure. I remember when I did a clutch at midnight one night (long, irritating story involving a new Kennedy PP) so I could get to work the next AM and I simply grabbed the 901 with my hands, set it down on my chest and rolled right out from under the car and I drop a testicle every time I just look at the 930 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 06:22 AM