Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How many 914's do you have now, or how many at one time in life ?, I had two at one time, but one was good enough for me, personally.
LarryR
post Oct 9 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,604

WOW!!!! No wonder I like this site!!! people even sicker than I am. I have never had more than 2 914's at a time. However, I have never actually owned one that runs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) I am just about to remedy that situation as my 70 is going to be running in then next several weeks.

I will have one wild one really wild! My 70 is going to get a 6 (see thread soon to post) and my 72 will have a v8 some day.

The 70 is going for the very stockish appearance. Chrome bumpers, fuchs, stockish interior. The 72 some day will have the sheridan body kit renegade v8 kit, huge bbs wheels, monster brakes ... Yes a guy can dream.

The 72 will some day be my idea of the ultimate sports car. the 70 the ultimate double duty car. My 911 falls somewhere in between.

BTW I will have no less than 5 914 engines for sale shortly but that is another topic (2 2.0's 1 1.8 and 2 1.7's)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom
post Oct 9 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626
Region Association: None

I have had three different ones, all at different times. in 75 I had a 70 1.7. 80 I got a 75 1.8 and finally in 05 got my 76 2.0. I have had this last one the longest and I never want to let it go.
If I had the money, I'd have too many! Love these cars. Sometimes when they are acting up, maybe a little hate!
Tom
+Quote Post
craig downs
post Oct 10 2008, 01:43 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 5,189
Region Association: Southern California

I have the one and only since Oct. 1977
+Quote Post
markb
post Oct 10 2008, 01:48 AM
Post #44

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

8. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) 5 of them ran at one point or another. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) 3 were eventually combined into 1 car, with a couple of engines given away & trannys still on the shelf waiting to be used. I'm down to 1 driver (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (soon to get another engine transplant) and 3 at the "storage yard" (waiting for sww914 to pick 1 up), so only 2 left out there that are mine. Eventually I will wind up with 1 for distance driving, and 1 for AX/track. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I hope. But don't hold your breath. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
root
post Oct 10 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #45

Two Wheeled Type4 Completed!

Member No.: 2,026

2, but only if the one on the right counts as a 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biker.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Oct 10 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #46

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 6 2008, 08:45 PM) *

I have had 6 at once. I usually have at least 2-3 almost year round. DOwn to one right now & liking it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . Although i am only a good deal away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

I had one when I was 16 which had to be sold when I got married...no room for kids...a 911 and a 924turbo in between my present 914 illness. The last four years I've had about 9 1/2 maybe more with my 74 DD always remaining and drivable...most parts cars. Two of the years I averaged 3 at a time when I was at the sickest point of my affliction...just couldn't say no to a good deal.

Down to one now, and like my buddy Jamie...I'm kinda liking it..thank goodness I don't have a larger garage. Not having a lot of space wore me out.

Here's a picture of my 1/2 of a 914...not too many people saw the missing half. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 07:02 PM