Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> after 2 yrs I was publically called out by Kanna Motorsports, moving out of track car pix thread to keep that one clean
byndbad914
post Nov 26 2008, 04:00 AM
Post #41

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

QUOTE(CliffBraun @ Nov 26 2008, 02:50 AM) *

Well, the contact info for kanna as of 2004 is NC, same for in my first link.
Looking up Doc's finds his wife listed as owner Anna Schilling, that helps convince me. Their site
I'd bet guy who mentioned Il is misinformed in some capacity.

Really it would be best to find the business registration and get a name off that, but I'm fairly convinced they're the owners.

Dude, you are far more resourceful than I am at this! thanks for the help with this.

If it goes back to 04 then that has to be the dude since I bought the parts in 06. All makes sense and seems to add up.

Oh yeah, and as for my edit with the math above, he said the engine was only ran to 6K. 500HP at 6K rpm on a NA 3.2L. I know those Mustang dynos are notorious for over-estimating but goooood lawd that is way out of whack. Apparently I can pick up a couple hundred HP just running the car on that tuner's dyno (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) that might be the cheapest upgrade yet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CliffBraun
post Nov 26 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 5,933

QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Nov 26 2008, 02:00 AM) *

QUOTE(CliffBraun @ Nov 26 2008, 02:50 AM) *

Well, the contact info for kanna as of 2004 is NC, same for in my first link.
Looking up Doc's finds his wife listed as owner Anna Schilling, that helps convince me. Their site
I'd bet guy who mentioned Il is misinformed in some capacity.

Really it would be best to find the business registration and get a name off that, but I'm fairly convinced they're the owners.

Dude, you are far more resourceful than I am at this! thanks for the help with this.

If it goes back to 04 then that has to be the dude since I bought the parts in 06. All makes sense and seems to add up.

Oh yeah, and as for my edit with the math above, he said the engine was only ran to 6K. 500HP at 6K rpm on a NA 3.2L. I know those Mustang dynos are notorious for over-estimating but goooood lawd that is way out of whack. Apparently I can pick up a couple hundred HP just running the car on that tuner's dyno (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) that might be the cheapest upgrade yet.

No problem. Kinda like in the Raby thread in the Garage, I feel the best response to this sorta thing is to help publicize information about the wrongdoers. You actually have legal recourse (maybe not at this point). But in either case it's far better form to just provide information to the public than to posture and threaten.

Hopefully when this guy pops up again we can make sure no 914ers suffer in the way you did.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Nov 29 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #43

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

I think you only have 2 yrs on property damage for legal recourse. Not worth the hassle, you can spend lots of money and make him spend money, but the only one who comes out ahead is the attourney you pay to f with him.
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Nov 29 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #44

yeah, it has definitely been too long to bring a suit now. At minimum a judge would probably not accept the case even if the time limit were longer on something like this and rule against the case based on reasonable time given the situation.

that said, wouldn't bother with it and agree with Cliff, it is more important that others are aware of how he screwed both me and Erik over so everyone knows to not order from him. I rubbed some dirt in the wound to stop the bleeding a long time ago and just fixed the stuff the right way.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Nov 29 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #45

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

If it's Kevin, I know him pretty well actually. Really surprises me since he's a pretty good guy (though I never bought anything from him). In fact, I never knew he had a race "shop" or anything, I only know him because of the ice cream and as a PCA member....
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 30 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #46

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Looking at that part, I would call the police and report a murder attempt.
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Nov 30 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(naro914 @ Nov 29 2008, 07:24 PM) *

If it's Kevin, I know him pretty well actually. Really surprises me since he's a pretty good guy (though I never bought anything from him). In fact, I never knew he had a race "shop" or anything, I only know him because of the ice cream and as a PCA member....

apparently he really doesn't have a shop, which is something I didn't know and was never implied in my communications. Instead, he pawns ice cream and outsources all of the machining according to the other guy that was screwed by him.

That essentially means to me, assuming it is true he outsources all of the machining, that he probably took someone else's 935 suspension to a machinist, had them try to copy it but in a cheap fashion so he can undersell the other person. Speculative but pretty easy to extrapolate from the info I have thus far. In any case, he has no idea what he is really getting, has no clue how to make it, likely had something copied, "improved" it by putting the lower A in double shear which doesn't even matter and also doesn't fit as Erik found out without cutting the floor, etc. So when I came along and he had a slick, custom part, he had no clue of what he had and, as Erik put it, some 12 yr old machined up some funky parts, and off to me they went.

and I agree, good call on the attempted murder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) All kidding aside, this jackass really did put me in harms way and had I made it 2 more turns I would have ran the car up to over 100mph thru T8.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Dec 1 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #48

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

[quote name='byndbad914' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:28 PM' post='1106895']
[quote name='naro914' post='1106729' date='Nov 29 2008, 07:24 PM']
That essentially means to me, assuming it is true he outsources all of the machining, that he probably took someone else's 935 suspension to a machinist, had them try to copy it but in a cheap fashion so he can undersell the other person. [/quote]

Do a search on the front a rear a-arm and trailing arm bearings.

Who had made them for 25 years or more...
Then they were copied and attempts to make them cheaper have been tried.

Rich
+Quote Post
charliew
post Jan 16 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

I'm not a me but my youngest son is. The education was to hard and the women to hot. I'm just a old hotrodder and do it myself kind of guy, BUT
I know this is a old thread but the internal bolt threads would work ok as long as the heim was inside the bolt far enough that it was all covered by the threaded area of the a arm tube. So that there was no hollow area unsupported on the thin part. When it is adjusted out too far and then the hollow part is exposed it is not strong enough. I don't know if the heim is long enough to make this adjustment viable but it could be successful if the a arm tube was longer to go over the heim threads at least the length of the heim threads diameter fully.
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Jan 17 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #50

actually even if you had threaded the sleeve into the arm, then the heim into the sleeve, and both were fully supported, you could still have a failure. The suspension will put the heim joint in tension, pulling on the threads, which puts threads in shear.

Having that sleeve in there would create a weak shear interface and tho' the heim threads and the arm threads wouldn't fail, that sleeve could shear out just like stripping threads out of a nut. Unlike a heli-coil (if that is how you are thinking of this) which has inner and outer threads on the same winding (they use custom taps), this had two different threads, very close in diameter, with two different pitches inside and out, creating a very thin shear interface periodically.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 07:45 AM