Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Autocross & Motorcycle helmets, The same? Different?
Joe Bob
post Feb 23 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #21

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

You haven't been to the clusterfuck they call AX at a PCA event. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

You sit in line with your run group and idle, and idle, and idle...then you get a 45-60 second run if you are lucky....then you idle and idle and idle and sweat yer nuts off.....and watch your oil boil while your tires get cold and have to wait somemore because Biff in his new Tiptronic Boxster killed five cones and one is cooking off under the catatlytic perverter....

Trust me.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge24.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Feb 23 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #22

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hmm... I run at the PCA events up here and they are pretty well run by the Fordahls. Athough a moron trackworker ran onto the field in front of me to red flag me cuz I was dragging a effin cone! Scared the shit out of me to see someone on the track.

I use a Snell 2000 M rated helmet

Geoff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Feb 24 2004, 04:40 AM
Post #23

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Thanks for all the good info.

Yes, I ride, but not recently. I have an opportunity to pick up a new Sportster Custom at an excellent price. So, I need a new helmet.

My head is worth more than any helmet, of course. Since the purpose of a helmet is safety, I want to buy the best quality and fitting helmet I can afford. If that means getting two helmets, so be it. I've seen discount helmets in the 100 dollar range... but that just seems too cheap. I figure that I should budget 500, including visors, neckpadding, etc.

But, considering I do one autocross a year (maybe), I was looking for input as to what some groups do.

All, thanks again for the input!

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 05:49 AM