Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starting A/C project, using "V" belt
computers4kids
post Sep 21 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #21

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

You've made quite a bit of progress on your AC unit. What kind of readings do you have on your suction and discharge ports? Also, how much 134 did it take to fill your system?

Keep the pics coming...thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Sep 21 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,782

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Sep 21 2009, 07:22 AM) *

You've made quite a bit of progress on your AC unit. What kind of readings do you have on your suction and discharge ports? Also, how much 134 did it take to fill your system?

Keep the pics coming...thanks.

I did look at the pressures and they were 230-260 high side & 20-30 low side. I used two 12 oz cans of R-134. The numbers were in my garage at about 100 degrees. At that time I was only using an expansion valve and nothing else, since I have installed a temperature clutch cycling switch which works much better. The unit is adjustable and minimizes the compressor on time.

I still need to plum the vents, now it dumps out directly in front of the shifter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Sep 22 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,782

(IMG:http://members.cox.net/altjamy/DSCN1066%20(Medium).jpg)

Things are working now, I have to get a fan speed switch and wire it to the resistor pack. I have the fan on medium as of now.. Its hot here in So Ca now, so this week should be a good time to test things out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I will likely just run the air out of a center combo vent but could plum to the outer factory locations with a little more work. Looks like I will have to pass into the trunk area from the center of the dash above the evaproator then wrap around to the outer vents. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 12:53 PM