Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PNW transmission rebuild clinic planning thread, Weekend of Sept 12th! Party!!
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #121

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

JP, bring what you can. I we will have much need I feel. No infringement here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Dave, I'll put you on the list.

Everyone, I wont take parts requests until I solidify things with "Jake and John" and start collecting fees (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I'll post here, dont you worry.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 19 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #122

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am in & paying. I will bring 2 boxes & a spare allready apart for parts. I think for the most part it is there. I will want 2 gasket/seal kits. I will be bringing my "h" gear for my v8 tranny. We've talked about that so you know the deal there. Probably doing the block off on 1st gear too. The other will be a stock job.

If we are doing a prepay deal just let me know what & where to send it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #123

I'll add you. I'll be collecting money and taking part orders starting sometime next week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #124

I have an idea of trying to get a group buy for 1st sliders since currently the cheapest ones are at Pelican for $435 and most of you will need them I bet.

Maybe AA can hook us up?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 20 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #125

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

perhaps the 'np guys', hate to use the word 'freeloaders', should be required to clean the exterior of 1 filthy trans to get in the door.

gary emory @parts obsolete had bins of trans parts. could be a source. i know dave hunt has been down there and scrounged a few times.
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 20 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #126

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Yep Gary has a ton of stuff. He may have some core boxes and he has bins of transmission parts. If I remember right, the tranny parts are not all sorted. I know I came home once with a 915 1st gear when I wanted a 901 1st. He's not always cheap but, in a bind he may be able to help. He has a barn full of parts for all kinds of Porsche stuff and usually has some cool cars he's working on. I'll see what I can find out. As the time gets closer we may be able to get a shopping list together and have a look see.

Dave
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 20 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #127

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 20 2009, 10:26 AM) *

perhaps the 'np guys', hate to use the word 'freeloaders', should be required to clean the exterior of 1 filthy trans to get in the door.

gary emory @parts obsolete had bins of trans parts. could be a source. i know dave hunt has been down there and scrounged a few times.

"Freeloaders" is a tongue in cheek term (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) What you are recommending will likely keep the numbers down, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

It sounds as if many people are bringing cores for parts. I'll take this moment to ask that if anyone has cores to part they either post it here of PM me so I can get an idea. We have a record number of potential attendees and I am running out of used stock with the amount of work I have going on in my garage so I am not put off by people bringing extra anything. Let me know so I know if we have enough. I will teach you all how to cannibalize a tranny (sounds bad, do you think they taste queer?)
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jun 20 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #128

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032

I don't know Gary, but if someone who does know him can work a deal, I'd be glad to run out there. I'll keep an eye on Craigslist too... I set up a "901" RSS feed and a "porsche tran*" feed.
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jun 28 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #129

Resident Photoshop Guru

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) to the top from page 5.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 28 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #130

I will be updating this tonight, I hope (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The venue that Jake is offering sounds incredible!
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Jun 29 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #131

Member No.: 9,630

Info on Lodging.
Here's the deal, Our place is kinda in the woods and I have plenty of space for anyone to camp. Tent, trailer or whatever.
I have beds for 3 in our Motorhome.
I also have two tents and 2 sleeping bags up for grabs.
There's a leather couch in the shop that somebody can sleep on as well.
I do have a full bath and shower in the shop. Those that care can clean up.
I have a large fire pit and endless wood for saturday night. so camping may be the best option if your able. Anytime you get a campfire/beer going, I'm sure some lies will be told...

All beds and or tents are on a first come first emailed offer. I am however reserving one bed for Dr. Evil if he wants it.

The closest Motel is 9 miles away in downtown Battle Ground.
www.bestwesternbattleground.com
I spoke with the gal "Bindiya" She said double rooms are normal 119.00 for Sat night but she would give a teener deal of $100.00 with 2 queen beds. Just tell her your with John Clemens and PGS. That is my company and I told her we we're having a business meeting...
Kinda pricey but spit by two is not too bad.

As far as food, I really don't have any delivery to my house. I figure with as many watchers as we'll have, we can send someone out for pizza/beer as needed.

All I would ask is everyone bring they're own hand tools and drain the gearbox before coming over.
I have air tools should anyone need them. I will email directions as we get closer to the date.
Should be fun.
Thanks,
Jake/John

+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 29 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #132

Awesome!

I second the draining and bringing of own hand tools. I posted such in the 1st post as well.

So, who is bringing food? BBQ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) I loves me some BBQ.

I will take you up on the bed, thanks Jake.

This is going to be a hell of a time, well worth it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

So, time to start collecting the funds $$$ I would prefer checks. I will contact those that said they are paying and give them my details.
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jun 29 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #133

Resident Photoshop Guru

Very cool. I have room as well if anyone needs it, if not, I might just bring a tent.

I'll bring 5 gallons of "Odoule's Evilbrau". Tentative recipe:

13 lbs Pale Malt
2 lbs Belgian Biscuit Malt
1 lb British Chocolate Malt
1 lb Cara-Pils
.5 lb Crystal 105L
.13 lb Roasted Barley

1 oz Centennial 60 min
2 oz Northern Brewer 15 min
1 oz Centennial 2 min
1 oz Amarillo dry

1.073 OG
40 SRM
53 IBU
7.5% abv

If the numbers mean nothing to you... 40 SRM is dark, nearly black. 53 IBU is well within the IPA range for bitterness. 7.5% abv is about 1.5x most American lagers. The chocolate malt give a dark color and a flavor similar to chocolate. Biscuit give a bready flavor. Crystal gives a caramel sweetness. Roast Barley gives a coffee bite, and Cara-Pils will add some body. The hops will add an orange-lemon citrus aroma and flavor, with a bitter kick.

I'm open to hearing opinions and suggestions... feel free to state them, and I'll decide whether to ignore them or not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This is based on previous requests for "dark" "brown" "porter" "IPA" and "hoppy"

I'll see if I can think of a good snack to bring as well.

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) *

Info on Lodging.
Here's the deal, Our place is kinda in the woods and I have plenty of space for anyone to camp. Tent, trailer or whatever.
I have a large fire pit and endless wood for saturday night. so camping may be the best option if your able. Anytime you get a campfire/beer going, I'm sure some lies will be told...

All beds and or tents are on a first come first emailed offer. I am however reserving one bed for Dr. Evil if he wants it.

I spoke with the gal "Bindiya" She said double rooms are normal 119.00 for Sat night but she would give a teener deal of $100.00 with 2 queen beds. Just tell her your with John Clemens and PGS. That is my company and I told her we we're having a business meeting...

As far as food, I really don't have any delivery to my house. I figure with as many watchers as we'll have, we can send someone out for pizza/beer as needed.

All I would ask is everyone bring they're own hand tools and drain the gearbox before coming over.
I have air tools should anyone need them. I will email directions as we get closer to the date.
Should be fun.
Thanks,
Jake/John

+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jun 29 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #134

Resident Photoshop Guru

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 29 2009, 02:03 PM) *

So, who is bringing food? BBQ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) I loves me some BBQ.

Can anyone get their hands on some salmon? I'll grill it if someone can get a deal... or just catch some. I'll break off the tranny work early if need be and cook whatever consensus is. Salmon, chikkin, burgers, brats...

I've got two Weber kettles that I can bring if need be. An 18" and a 22".
+Quote Post
Shade Tree
post Jun 29 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #135

Member No.: 9,860

I've stayed in the Battleground Best Western twice this year. It's new, clean and pretty cheap. If you aren't bringing your wife and you're staying at this place, tell your wife in advance that the bill will say that TWO people stayed in the room even if you only paid for one!!! yeah, there's a story there.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 29 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #136

OK, PMs sent to the paying people. If you didnt get one and are planing on paying, let me know.

qity, I can not find you on this forum, how did you contact me???
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Jun 29 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #137

Member No.: 9,630

Evilbrau,Thats going to be one stinky garage on sunday....

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 29 2009, 03:26 PM) *

Very cool. I have room as well if anyone needs it, if not, I might just bring a tent.

I'll bring 5 gallons of "Odoule's Evilbrau". Tentative recipe:

13 lbs Pale Malt
2 lbs Belgian Biscuit Malt
1 lb British Chocolate Malt
1 lb Cara-Pils
.5 lb Crystal 105L
.13 lb Roasted Barley

1 oz Centennial 60 min
2 oz Northern Brewer 15 min
1 oz Centennial 2 min
1 oz Amarillo dry

1.073 OG
40 SRM
53 IBU
7.5% abv

If the numbers mean nothing to you... 40 SRM is dark, nearly black. 53 IBU is well within the IPA range for bitterness. 7.5% abv is about 1.5x most American lagers. The chocolate malt give a dark color and a flavor similar to chocolate. Biscuit give a bready flavor. Crystal gives a caramel sweetness. Roast Barley gives a coffee bite, and Cara-Pils will add some body. The hops will add an orange-lemon citrus aroma and flavor, with a bitter kick.

I'm open to hearing opinions and suggestions... feel free to state them, and I'll decide whether to ignore them or not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This is based on previous requests for "dark" "brown" "porter" "IPA" and "hoppy"

I'll see if I can think of a good snack to bring as well.

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) *

Info on Lodging.

Should be fun.
Thanks,
Jake/John

+Quote Post
914werke
post Jun 30 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #138

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

Mike, the prospect of a thong has me a little ..unsettled. So Ill find a way to scrape up the 3 + bills, being quasi unemployed times are tough.
I can bring a side shift box, parts box and tail shift for conversion or cannible action.
Jake your shop looks awesome, looking forward to talking bikes.
Ill prolly drag a camper with me so if anyone from Seattle area is going & wants to split gas there's a 2nd pretty comfy bed available in it.
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Jun 30 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #139

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 29 2009, 11:14 PM) *

Mike, the prospect of a thong has me a little ..unsettled. So Ill find a way to scrape up the 3 + bills ....

You DONT want to see me in a thong... I thought I was on the list for a build, but missed out, I guess. With 19 (holysh*t) rebuilding gearboxes, I don't think you are going to have enuff room for us "leaches"...

Have you thought about making it a two day event? (Half on Sat / Half on Sun?)

If so, I'd like to build a gearbox, sir. and I'll gladly pay...

I'll even bring my own table and easyup!
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Jun 30 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #140

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590

sorry double post....
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 03:52 AM