Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PNW transmission rebuild clinic planning thread, Weekend of Sept 12th! Party!!
montoya 73 2.0
post Sep 1 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #241

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Were getting close gentlemen! Whose bringing some grilling/BBQ meat and stuff?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 1 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #242

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Aug 31 2009, 11:17 AM) *

Whiskey, brandy, vodka and beer! I'm going to bring a couple of bottles!

Uh I'll be bringning Wild Cherry Pepsi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) Looking forward to the weekend. Any other Oregon folks want to caravan up? Figuring to drive up friday night. Could be up for an early Saturday morning run though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) . Whatever works
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Sep 1 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #243

i'm going to be leaving (in the jeep) southern oregon about noonish on that friday. that puts me up at Eugene around 3:30ish which would then have me up in the Portland area by 5:30. Unless I hit traffic, Whats the rush hours up there?

Never tried Wild Cherrry Pepsi with brandy or Vodka, I'm gonna try it that weekend!
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 1 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #244

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Sep 1 2009, 01:36 PM) *

i'm going to be leaving (in the jeep) southern oregon about noonish on that friday. that puts me up at Eugene around 3:30ish which would then have me up in the Portland area by 5:30. Unless I hit traffic, Whats the rush hours up there?

Never tried Wild Cherrry Pepsi with brandy or Vodka, I'm gonna try it that weekend!

Bout 2:30 to 7:00ish PM Monday thru Friday with Friday being the worst. Don't even consider trying to cross over into WA during those hrs.
+Quote Post
mstein95
post Sep 1 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #245

Back when grey Levi's were the rage.

Member No.: 5,959

Please PM the directions my way.

Jamie - lets touch base the week prior.
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Sep 1 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #246

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Sep 1 2009, 12:36 PM) *

On a Friday, traffic will be heavy from 3:00 until 6:30 trying to get into the Couve. Either leave earlier, or drive slower. At 4PM on a Friday, Battleground is two hours from Portland.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Sep 1 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #247

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

First of all that wild cherry crack was some funny $hit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

As far as the rush hour stuff what they said. I would hold off going thru Portland till 6:30 or 7. & to be on the safe side. You come up earlier you are welcome to stop by my place to relax for a bit. I live just east of Corvallis on hwy 34. I am 8 miles from I5. I am up for leaving my place sometime after 6:15. That would put us thru Portland at a decent time. Still get us there early enough to see what we are doing setting up camp or whatever.

Morgan we will definately touch base the week leading up to it
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Sep 1 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #248

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488

I'm bringing beer. I was planning on soaking up a batch of bourbon/rootbeer ribs for the grill too. I'm not sure how much to fix up 'cause no matter how much I make, I could eat them all myself!
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Sep 1 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #249

Member No.: 9,630

Looks like I am rebuilding my gear box just in time.
When I drained the oil a sweet pretty new House of Colors paint color came out....
"Por$che bronze Gold Metalic With 100 dollar flakes." Part #$$$-$$$

What do you think Dr.??
(Disregard the Moth, he flew into the oil after it was drained) He couldn't resist the pretty gold color. Th stuff on the rag is like a paste almost.
The little chunks came out with the oil....
Is that just a bushing or something cheap?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
It was shifting nice with the only problems were a whine in 4th and a few leaks.....

Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Sep 1 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #250

JRust - Crap! It's been 12 years since I lived in the big city (San Jose, Ca.) I've forgotten all about traffic. Looks like we may be hanging out. Oh damn the pre-party before the party!!!

PanelBilly - I've never had Bourbon/Rootbeer ribs? Is it any Bourbon and any kind of rootbeer or are there specifics to this recipe?

QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 1 2009, 06:29 PM) *

First of all that wild cherry crack was some funny $hit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

As far as the rush hour stuff what they said. I would hold off going thru Portland till 6:30 or 7. & to be on the safe side. You come up earlier you are welcome to stop by my place to relax for a bit. I live just east of Corvallis on hwy 34. I am 8 miles from I5. I am up for leaving my place sometime after 6:15. That would put us thru Portland at a decent time. Still get us there early enough to see what we are doing setting up camp or whatever.

Morgan we will definately touch base the week leading up to it

+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Sep 1 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #251

Traffic is like any city. Some days you fly up 205 at 5pm others you don't
I would take 205 and not I-5 Coming from the south. I live about 1 hour from the 205/I-5 interchange thats in moderate traffic. I drive it at least once a week at rush hour. Rarely does it take more than an hour and an half. Its really not all that bad unless shit major crap goes down.

+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 1 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #252

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

I can think of only 2 places that have that much brass. The speedo drive screw gear (not likely) and one type of mainshaft intermediate plate bearing cage (bloody likely). The finely ground texture does not bode well for the rest of the works.
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Sep 1 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #253

The speedo drive is stripped... Leaks bad and is broken....
I guess I'll know next week... I may have to drink to numb the pain... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Sep 2 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #254

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

John,
I would bet your input bearing is toast as that is the cage you are seeing in that pic. The speedo drive is made of the same color material. I have a drive if you want it. Let me know, I'll hook you up.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Sep 2 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #255

That cage your seeing is the oil drain pan....
I have not taken anything apart yet.

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 1 2009, 11:22 PM) *

John,
I would bet your input bearing is toast as that is the cage you are seeing in that pic. The speedo drive is made of the same color material. I have a drive if you want it. Let me know, I'll hook you up.

+Quote Post
6freak
post Sep 2 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #256

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

It appears my friend you have shaveing in your gear oil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) ...Not good and the colors not right either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ...............I bring a T-bone to slap on the grill and some Crown Royal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) ...what else do you need Jake
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Sep 2 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #257

I would say everyone just bring what you want to drink/eat. If we want to go together on a big meal thats cool too. It would be easier to cook and serve than 10 or 15 sep meals. Somebody mention RIBS? I just don't have time to organize it and shop for all the stuff. I am tight with time next week as I will be out of town till wed night. As I mentioned before I have no delivery of any food here at the house. There will be a gas grill/micro/oven for use anytime your hungry. I have plenty of fridge/freezer space for food and we'll just keep the beer/pop in coolers on ice. If you have a good sized cooler maybe bring it with a bag of ice. My wife and I are tea drinkers, So we only have a small coffee maker in the MH. anyone is welcome to use it but it only makes about 4 cups... If your a Coffee addict/snob (I know a few of you are coming from Seattle) you may want to bring your setup. There is a little store 2 miles away and box stores about 8 miles. So if we need reinforcements it won't be too much trouble. Well just send one of the lackeys thats just watching.

Is the count on the 1st page of this thread accurate Dr.?

Oh yea, I have a cool little HO slot car setup. If you have any cars, bring em.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Sep 2 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #258

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Yup, the count is accurate so far as I know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I dont drink coffee either. I cant bring food so someone needs to feed me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
my928s4
post Sep 2 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #259

Member No.: 8,018

I will be coming down Fri eve, hopefully start heading out about 3.

If someone wanted to go organize some food for the group and we split the cost I think that would be a neat idea rather than us all bringing in packed coolers or taking trips down the road all the time. Just a thought ... I would do it if I was local.

Really looking forward to this event if my box needs more attention than I thought (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Sep 2 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #260

Since most people will have eaten when they should up Friday just some munchies will do.
We could just figure out the food thing Friday night and then somebody can make a run Sat morning...
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th July 2024 - 11:37 AM