Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LE Front Valance Sources?
TravisNeff
post Sep 24 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

So is this molded fiberglass or poly (flexy plastic)? I must be missing something.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Sep 24 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #22

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

Put me down for one if the price is not crazy. I know that George will produce a quality product.
+Quote Post
morph
post Sep 24 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #23

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

If you having trouble finding us we are at www.914ap.com
Our le air dam was made due to the numerous le air dams that are out there that are not even close to the original at times. Ours was made from a factory one and is identical to the factory dimensions.the only thing we didnt do is cast the interior like the factory unit (the back is not smooth and there are no injection circles at the end) ours costs more that others .but we put more into it being like the original . and it comes polished and ready to install.

on a further note we can make one that does look exactly like the factory one.we do custom mfg products for people all the time.
james
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Sep 24 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #24

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Yay James! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Is it possible that you can post up some good quality detailed photos of your LE spoiler? Even better if you can include the optional upgrades to show the quality of your work and how closely the upgrades come to the original.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Sep 24 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #25

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792

ok, I'm confused George is saying the factory LE was plastic and Jeff is saying Fiberglass is correct... I tend to believe Jeff, especially on anything "LE", and I know the detail first hand Morph puts into his work...

so... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

was the original?... original as in on a 'bee' with 0 miles. I'm not in the market, I'm just curious.
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Sep 25 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #26

914 lover

Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

I have purchased 5 or 6 items from James (Morph), including his LE replica. I am extremely happy with all of the products I bought from him, especially the front valance. It fit perfectly and so was a breeze to install, plus the black finish is fantastic. He only recommends to apply a coat of wax once a year to keep the beautiful finish shiny.

Also, I pulled into a diagonial parking spot that had a concrete stopper pushed in closer than it should have been, and hit the valance. Did not damage it at all, except for a small scratch - and I gave it a pretty good shot.

No need for a group buy from the self proclaimed King of 914's, there is already an awesome LE replica ready to ship from 914 Appearance and Performance.
+Quote Post
morph
post Sep 25 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #27

quality parts builder

The factory unit is made in injecteted resin mold. They laid a cottonlike fiberglass in a mold and injected the resin.ALL of the factory units have the part # molded into them. The seats and the tops where made the same way. If you pull apart a 75-76 seat you will most likely see the air they left in the parts, They didnt seem to care after they realised no one would see the air unless you take the seat apart.

For being a aftermarket builder we find our selves building restorstion quality parts all the time.

Sorry jeff we do not have pictures of smooth backed unit we havent made one yet.
We can build one. We have been building our regular le unit for few years.
Thank you to all of you who have bought and endorsed us for over 6 years.

james
+Quote Post
ThinAir
post Sep 25 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #28

Best friends

Member No.: 231

Based upon the info from Morph and Johnnie5, I'm not going to move ahead with the group buy since it doesn't seem to offer anything better than what is already on the market.

My interest all along was to find an LE valance that I didn't need to be afraid to have on the car. Since Johnnie5's experience shows that Morph offers what I'm looking for, that's good enough for me.
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Sep 25 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #29

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

QUOTE(morph @ Sep 24 2009, 08:17 PM) *

If you having trouble finding us we are at www.914ap.com
Our le air dam was made due to the numerous le air dams that are out there that are not even close to the original at times. Ours was made from a factory one and is identical to the factory dimensions.the only thing we didnt do is cast the interior like the factory unit (the back is not smooth and there are no injection circles at the end) ours costs more that others .but we put more into it being like the original . and it comes polished and ready to install.

on a further note we can make one that does look exactly like the factory one.we do custom mfg products for people all the time.
james

You guys rock!
+Quote Post
number6
post Sep 25 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 9,546

QUOTE(morph @ Sep 25 2009, 08:07 AM) *

The factory unit is made in injecteted resin mold. They laid a cottonlike fiberglass in a mold and injected the resin.ALL of the factory units have the part # molded into them. The seats and the tops where made the same way. If you pull apart a 75-76 seat you will most likely see the air they left in the parts, They didnt seem to care after they realised no one would see the air unless you take the seat apart.

For being a aftermarket builder we find our selves building restorstion quality parts all the time.

Sorry jeff we do not have pictures of smooth backed unit we havent made one yet.
We can build one. We have been building our regular le unit for few years.
Thank you to all of you who have bought and endorsed us for over 6 years.

james

Hi James (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Clarification, please: Your front LE valance is fiberglass like those sold by other resellers, no? Sounds like it's much better built/laid, with proper attention to details, etc...but the construction is more or less the same as the others, yes?

Basically, my experience with these (I've never seen one of yours as the others sent me running back to the steel pan) is that they are brittle and chip easily. The mounting points seem to be a source of weakness, as they wear with vibration/bumps/air pressure/etc, and eventually give. I don't know about your piece, but the others I've used have not had any reinforcement in the mounting spots. Also, I got tired of constantly having to do paint touch-ups from all the chips.

This is why I like the idea of a plastic piece. Flexibility. Color is in the material, so no need to paint initially or perform touch-ups over time. Dr 914's $100 price seems extremely reasonable to me given these benefits, considering that a fiberglass valance is $70-90+, and you still have to paint it (which is easily $100+ if outsourced).

I'm probably in the minority here, but exactly matching the factory LE valance is not important to me. I'm more interested in the materials and construction.

For those who haven't dealt with James, he's the best! Great products, excellent service, top-notch custom work. And he KNOWS these cars!

-duc
+Quote Post
morph
post Sep 25 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #31

quality parts builder

In general our is simalar to others made.
Our desighn even copys the factory mounting tabs,minus one small thing the factory put small gussets on each side of the mounting tab.We simplty put a small curve where the gussets was from the factory was at. ( we made it production friendly) Our unit dosent even need to be painted depending on the color you want it in. We send it out polished black gel coat that only requires you to just wax it about twice a year. we can do other colors but no "custom " colors are avaiable.
james
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Sep 25 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #32

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 24 2009, 09:54 PM) *

Yay James! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Is it possible that you can post up some good quality detailed photos of your LE spoiler? Even better if you can include the optional upgrades to show the quality of your work and how closely the upgrades come to the original.

Jeff is of course correct on the limited edition original spoiler. It is a molded fiberglass injected piece.
What Volkswagen products offered as an option in 1974-1976 was an vacuum formed plastic limited edition spoiler with a tremendous fit and greater durability than the original german factory piece. We are offering to duplicate the vacuumed formed limited edition spoiler as a way to offer a more durable piece for the masses of 914s who want to wear the look but are not original limited edition cars.
We have a limited edition spoiler in fiberglass that we made from the original limited edition piece but of course it is not injected but rather chopper gunned. It looks identical from the outside and fits like the original but is not original!
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Sep 25 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #33

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881

Hey Ernie,

Just get one from James and never look back! Great product. Perfect fit and very high quality. In addition, if he says he has it, he does. It'll ship next day and you'll be happy as can be. He donates to events on a regular basis and even attends some. What more could you ask for? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Sep 25 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #34

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

Damn Wills, could you be any more handsomer? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Sep 25 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #35

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 25 2009, 05:37 PM) *

Damn Wills, could you be any more handsomer? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Travis....the answer is clearly "NO"! :PeopleMagazineSexiestManOfTheYearSmilie:

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post Sep 25 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #36

914 lover

Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 25 2009, 04:50 PM) *

Hey Ernie,

Just get one from James and never look back! Great product. Perfect fit and very high quality. In addition, if he says he has it, he does. It'll ship next day and you'll be happy as can be. He donates to events on a regular basis and even attends some. What more could you ask for? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Exactly...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 04:14 AM